Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM0C 465nm 4.1W@rated, 5.9W@4A via G2 - 1.4X brighter than NUBM44@7W

Why hasn't there been talk about this diode other than a couple one post topics posted in the wrong forums (445nm, etc)?

Considering that people are still making builds with the NUBM07 and this diode appears to supersede it, I'm surprised that this isn't available on DTR's site or even seems to be known about here.

Here's the diode I'm referring to-

Bottom reviewer is getting 5.9W at 4A drive current.

This should be the brightest blue laser diode available, 1.4X brighter with expected wavelength shift to 468nm than a NUBM44 outputting 7 watts. Even if it stays at 465nm it is still 1.23X brighter, quite a bit considering the efforts people go through with NUBM44's to get the brightest laser possible.

Also, it's $76.

Attachments

• NUBM44 VS NUBM0C.PNG
    NUBM44 VS NUBM0C.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 19

Why hasn't there been talk about this diode other than a couple one post topics posted in the wrong forums (445nm, etc)?

Considering that people are still making builds with the NUBM07 and this diode appears to supersede it, I'm surprised that this isn't available on DTR's site or even seems to be known about here.

Here's the diode I'm referring to-

Bottom reviewer is getting 5.9W at 4A drive current.

This should be the brightest blue laser diode available, 1.4X brighter with expected wavelength shift to 468nm than a NUBM44 outputting 7 watts. Even if it stays at 465nm it is still 1.23X brighter, quite a bit considering the efforts people go through with NUBM44's to get the brightest laser possible.

Also, it's $76.
look it feedback,i think seller use old product and just rename,and maybe it is a nubm08 diode
i just see some seller have it in last month,maybe it is new diode
if it have 5W+,divergence i think same NUBM44 or 08

look it feedback,i think seller use old product and just rename,and maybe it is a nubm08 diode
i just see some seller have it in last month,maybe it is new diode
if it have 5W+,divergence i think same NUBM44 or 08
It's a new diode.

H944e39ef446840de8298940d94172bbaj-gigapixel-architectural-scale-2_00x.pngH283287c7bc74458da994a1cc13954ea91-gigapixel-architectural-scale-2_00x.pngH9292d38b4b0549be9ac04b9cc65bd5b1Q-gigapixel-architectural-scale-2_00x.pngH7cbf5871bae24c95bc47978fb39228f1z-gigapixel-architectural-scale-2_00x.png

Gabe

pretty exciting in my books, i’d like to see DTR carry it and test it out. if i had any variable power supplies or a LPM i would get my own data on it. would love this in a build!

Dhodge77

I have one of these that is due to arrive from China in just a few days. I just received me 3rd recapped NUBM07E from a group called LaserTree in China thru Ebay to compare the NUBM0C to. I also cant wait to get my 1.6W 525nm NUGM04 this coming week too. Ill take a side by side comparison photo and post it

I have one of these that is due to arrive from China in just a few days. I just received me 3rd recapped NUBM07E from a group called LaserTree in China thru Ebay to compare the NUBM0C to. I also cant wait to get my 1.6W 525nm NUGM04 this coming week too. Ill take a side by side comparison photo and post it
Awesome, I'm about to order one as well. Did you order yours from Techhood, OpticsLD or someone else?

LaserTree is awesome.. they have so many "ball lens" diodes available that are properly recapped with inert backfill and FAC and SAC options on most of the diodes. I'm hoping they will start to offer this diode with a cap.

Be sure you don't "decap" your NUBM0C or else you'll have a very short life on the diode.

If you would, please measure and photograph the spot size at a measured distance, like 20 feet or something, using the integrated lens. It would be very useful information. If the focus isn't acceptable it is possible to refocus the beam with additional lenses so that you can get the focus you want with a diode that won't immediately begin rapidly degrading from decapping the lens.

I'm hoping that it will have the same divergence and output dimensions as a NUBM07 (if it were recanned, using a standard lens) but I'm prepared that it could have the same divergence and width as a NUBM44, only bluer, brighter and more awesome in every respect (other than overall heat energy, but.. eh). Cylinder lenses for beam correction will help, either way.

Last edited:

Dhodge77

I took the risk and de-canned my Nubm0C because i could not stand the divergence witb Gball Lens in a laser pointer. I have mine now using a 3 element lens and it focus's nicely and i can burn things literally 12 or 13 feet away and with my 3x beam expander i can burn things from 20 to 25 feet away. These are similar burning capabilities i had with my nubm44 diodes. I will say as far as the color goes though with it being labeled the same as a NUBM07 being a 465nm to 472nm wavelenth it doesnt seem to be as brilliant of a blue as the NUBM07. Maybe im not pushing it to its full potential as far as current goes. Nubm07 is rated at 3amps for 465nm and it's max recommended i think is 3.5amps giving it that bright brilliant 472nm color. I got the NUBM0C datasheet emailed to me and its rated at 3.5amps for 465nm so im wondering how hard i need to push it to get that same brilliant blue color. Even at 3.5 amps the NUBM0C doesnt seem to be as pretty of a blue as the Nubm07 at 3 amps. The Nubm07 has far better divergence and a much more brilliant blue color and that power doesnt make that much of difference when the beam is much easily collimated. I may have been wrong about some of the specs but i will attach the datasheet for the Nubm0C for reference.

Attachments

• NUBM0C.PDF
    700.9 KB · Views: 13
I took the risk and de-canned my Nubm0C because i could not stand the divergence witb Gball Lens in a laser pointer. I have mine now using a 3 element lens and it focus's nicely and i can burn things literally 12 or 13 feet away and with my 3x beam expander i can burn things from 20 to 25 feet away. These are similar burning capabilities i had with my nubm44 diodes. I will say as far as the color goes though with it being labeled the same as a NUBM07 being a 465nm to 472nm wavelenth it doesnt seem to be as brilliant of a blue as the NUBM07. Maybe im not pushing it to its full potential as far as current goes. Nubm07 is rated at 3amps for 465nm and it's max recommended i think is 3.5amps giving it that bright brilliant 472nm color. I got the NUBM0C datasheet emailed to me and its rated at 3.5amps for 465nm so im wondering how hard i need to push it to get that same brilliant blue color. Even at 3.5 amps the NUBM0C doesnt seem to be as pretty of a blue as the Nubm07 at 3 amps. The Nubm07 has far better divergence and a much more brilliant blue color and that power doesnt make that much of difference when the beam is much easily collimated. I may have been wrong about some of the specs but i will attach the datasheet for the Nubm0C for reference.
Thanks for the info.

It's normal for diodes to vary a few nm from diode to diode so it's possible you happened to get one on the low end of the spectrum, at least that's what I'm hoping :) Could you possibly take pictures of the NUBM0C and the NUBM07's spot to compare them? Or a pic of the two operating together to see the difference in color?

Dhodge77

I have a nubm07 recapped and the nubm0C decanned and both with 3 element collimating lense and I would say that the divergence is probably twice as much atleast if not more on one of the axis. It will be a little hard for me to get a photo of both of the beam spots side by side with hosts and the switch set ups i have.. i will try though. I have a google pixel too and even with as nice of a camera it has its hard to see the difference in wavelength through the camera. I made a few videos with my nubm07 in a Lifetime17 Arcane style host and a Nubm44 in a host from Zach with BarnetteUnlimited and u could hardly see the difference in color where as in person u can see the true difference in brightness with the true blue 470ish nm color.

youtube.com/shorts/LQfPFoR97J8?feature=share

Last edited:
. I made a few videos with my nubm07 in a Lifetime17 Arcane style host and a Nubm44 in a host from Zach with BarnetteUnlimited and u could hardly see the difference in color where as in person u can see the true difference in brightness with the true blue 470ish nm color.

youtube.com/shorts/LQfPFoR97J8?feature=share
That may be due to your monitor having a poor color gamut, watching your video there is an absolutely obvious difference between the 07 and the 44, the 07 appearing sky blue and the 44 appears almost violet in comparison when viewed on my monitor.

Can you compare the 0C and the 44s divergence? Even just a quick check with the two diodes using the same lens would be great, even without a picture. My guess is that they are the same or close to the same, that the 0C's are basically 465nm 44's.

I have an OPT 6X cylindrical lens pair that I am using to correct a recapped NUBM07 (it's one of the "N465" diodes DTR had for a short while) in a lab build and it's looking like I'll need more than 6X expansion if the 0C is to replace the 07.

Last edited:

Dhodge77

I dont currently have a nubm44 to compare it along side against but i can honestly i do not remember the divergence being quite as much as i saw on this Nubm0C. It might be that when i when i first saw the beam it was thru the gball lense instead of something more focused or the fact that its not one of those tall canned gball lenses the nubm07 uses. But like i said i now have mu nubm0C decanned and currently using a 2 element lens. I think in previous message i said 3 element but i stand corrected now that i took the lenses out to let the alcohol evaporate inbetween from cleaning with too much. As i was saying before i also have a recapped Nubm07 from LASERTREE which is a very good source on ebay from China. To my understanding i thought those N465 were more on the spec lines of the NDB7675 but i wouldn't know in too much detail for that to be true as i wasnt actively buying or inquiring laser diodes when either of those were hot on the market. Now it cost u just as much to get ur hands on one of those for same price as a NUBM0C OR NUGM04 which is high for a close to a 2 watt diode. I do like that it come straight from NICHIA capped with out gball like that with a good 465nm wavelength. If i could get my hands on a driver or a schematic for a Simple circuit i could make from components i have here in house for 3.5 amps and a way to clean this thermal grease i accidentally got smudged on the recapped Nubm07 to which im about tempted to find a way to remove the lense cover all together because it is not lookin promising to get it clean with out scaring it all up and obstructing the beam. Any good sources or personal opinions on that?

Dhodge77

I currently found a good use for the bad divergence. I have a 2005 master replica luke skywalker edition lightsaber that has currently hit a Price point over $500 that i had damaged the light saber blade to where its value wont keep rising as the years pass so i toook it apart a few days ago and there is soo much room inside this thing that ive been able to fit a SANWU 3x beam expander to give it that saber beam width straight out of the light saber hilt and the heatsync is just the right size to press fit real snug right beneath it making the aluminum body of the saber extend its heat sinking capability with fin spacings enough to allow air to pass thru. in addition to that i was able to mount a fan below that i recycled from an engraver to col give it good airflow with a voltage boost converter module to up the battery voltage to 12v from 8.4v. eventually im going to make the whole system run 12v altogether supplementing the stock 6x AA battery configuration with a more powerful set up. The fan blowing air out the top of the saber like it does haa an awesome special effect where it makes the laser beam look like it has the ability to affect the air around it so that is pretty awesome.