Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM08E the new 9-10 watter

Hi Red,

I maybe already have written in the 6.6W blaster thread (other colour lasers section) that I have accidentally burned the driver and let pass 7.5A through my both 07e and did it several times pressing the trigger shortly (maybe 1 sec or less).
Each time beam started (these handdrills have soft start build in the trigger!) very bright but then dimmed almost to zero light when ammeter reading reached 7+A.
Fortunately, the both LDs survived and today I can finally post the beamshots.

On specs these new diodes have a kind of protection device (I do not think it could be a kind of lasorb but who knows) built in. They just dim, not burn.

The diodes have gotten tougher that's for sure, also I think I saw you running your drivers without any heat sinking and I thought I mentioned they needed something, even if just a small chunk on the 8 pin chip.

Love to see some beam shots. :beer:

This chip which heats in SXD driver is so small (2x3mm) that I have only seen at Survival lasers heatsinks of this size. Even Raspberry heatsink has to be cut in 10 pieces to pass its size.

But you said the HS would be needed when shot time is 10sec or more. I have done a couple of mini and micro blasters: one with BDR-209, other with NUBM44, both with SXD drivers without any HS. I burn Mg turnings and ammonium dichromate crystals with them, no problems yet because they never needed longer than 5sec to ignite.

So these came and went very quickly, unfortunately these were outside of LPF sales so the list I have up is still active..

11636-nubm08.jpg

Most of the data sheets that I see up for the NUBM08 seem to ALL have different ratings.. I know there is a difference between the NUBM08 and NUBM08E - my supplier(s) have all stated this. However, I would like to confirm which data sheets are actually correct. This is the data sheet for the NUBM08 supplied by my Nichia distributor...

11638-nubm08-data-sheet.jpg

EDIT:

P.S. - I'm sorry, but you're going to have to just zoom in for the data sheet. I tried uploading a zoomed in file, but LPF just resizes/shrinks it back down and my Google Drive/Photos links never work, sorry.. just save and zoom or zoom via browser.

Last edited:
Looks like the NUBMO8 isn't as good as we all hoped but still interesting,

Here is the 14 page spec sheet, I don't think it's fake, it's a 455nn diode
3.5a Max rating, 4.35w type, I noticed they have a tension plate on the diodes they might be very difficult to extract!

NUBM08 spec(2).pdf

I'm not sure how to link or copy an email attachment!

I'm seeing 4.75W @ 3A on my NUBM08 Data Sheet.

11638-nubm08-data-sheet.jpg

I'm doing blocks for $640 + shipping and singles for $89 + shipping

Last edited:

DTR

I'm confused a little with the 08s, so far I have seen an NUBM08, NUBM08T, and NUBM08E blocks, and all seem to have varying specs. Which ones are better out of the (3) or are they any different?

Nichia High Power Multi LD 450nm 455nm 38W 4 75W Blue Laser Diode Bank NUBM08 | eBay
Nichia NUBM08T 445nm 35W High Power Multi LD Bank Blue Laser Diode Array | eBay
Sorry I'm on lunch, someone on the forum posted a link recently with the NUBM08E block. I will add after work..

The T on the datasheet just means test sample and E means Engineering sample both are most likely pre mass production to get feedback, gauge interest, refining and more testing to see if it is worth mass producing. The datasheet without either is probably the general datasheet for mass production and are updated as time goes on based on the date on the datasheet. Any differences between them should just be revisions as they refined/tested and revised after mass production. Manufacturing on a large scale vs a small test batch might have differences and after mass production they have a larger sample quantity to refine the specs.

The bin level is not identified in the part number and would only be known to the original purchaser and since they are not supposed to resell to gray market suppliers I can not see them passing on the QC documents or full datasheets. Both have purchaser identifiers so it would have to rely on word of mouth down through all the rungs to the final purchaser. Companies that have a end product that is a approved and are authorized to buy from N***** will sometimes slide a percentage out the back door to lower their overall production cost. That is how we end up with diodes from N***** since they do not have any official third party suppliers, all end products the diodes will be used in need to be approved and prohibit any reselling to non authorized purchasers. This is why the serial numbers are always scratched off and most the datasheets are partials or just pulled from other leaked datasheets that have the right part number.

I really doubt that the blocks are different from either of those listings or any others offerings selling these blocks. They all dropped at the same time through the same main source. All the listings I have seen with seller taken photos have identical markings and the serial numbers were scratched off with the same tool. Same as the ones I got. I think they are just digging up whatever datasheets they can find and putting them up.

Last edited:
DTR - thank you very much for that clarification!! I have been wondering what the E &T means for some time, I noticed them on the 05s/06s and now the 08 blocks. Never could figure out untill now, thanks man! Kind of crazy how much work and how many gray market deals have to happen in order to get these diodes in our hands.

DTR

No problem. The likelihood that we would ever end up getting sold an actual test or engineering sample is probably near zero.

Sta

No problem. The likelihood that we would ever end up getting sold an actual test or engineering sample is probably near zero.

Speaking of that - whatever happened with those 488nm diodes you were trying to get a few years back?

DTR

Not sure which ones you mean. I am always on the hunt. There is always talk and speculation. There are some out there if you have 500-2000 to spend on 30-60mW. I think there were rumors about the 460-465nm diodes before they landed about high power cyan diodes which ended up being the 460-465nm.

Here is actually a good example. As far as I know it has never been seen in the wild and I don't think this diode ever went it to actual production but N***** still floats it out there on their site to show what they can do if some demand is made for it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6-KC5wFXIJZU9iNXBpNk9oTW8/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Pman

I think you are missing the 08E from your sig J;) Just ordered one plus a few more things:)

Not sure which ones you mean. I am always on the hunt. There is always talk and speculation. There are some out there if you have 500-2000 to spend on 30-60mW. I think there were rumors about the 460-465nm diodes before they landed about high power cyan diodes which ended up being the 460-465nm.

Here is actually a good example. As far as I know it has never been seen in the wild and I don't think this diode ever went it to actual production but N***** still floats it out there on their site to show what they can do if some demand is made for it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6-KC5wFXIJZU9iNXBpNk9oTW8/view?usp=sharing

I remember that diode from a couple years ago. I still have that engineering data sheet in my files. I was hoping to get one soon after that, but it never came to fruition.

Last edited: