Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NOW 447nm CNI lasers & GB #11

@aryntha: Small update to mine; I've not actually paid yet (though I can anytime), sorry, I should have specified.

Ok, Got it, updated... -- Everyone, do try to tell your friends, maybe even folks who may want to get into lasers here. This would be a great place to start, at these prices...

I wish I could find some others that would buy one. Most of the people that know about my lasers think I'm nuts for spending more than $50 on one.

Well it's been almost a month since I sent in my $295 for the 447nm laser and it's been over a week since I asked for a refund. No laser and no refund. Glenn - you need to get your act together. You haven't placed the GB with CNI yet so there should be no reason that those funds are not available in your account. I have been very patient with you but this is just ridiculous. As I mentioned to you in a PM, this is my first group buy and you have not made a very good impression at all.

DJNY

Well it's been almost a month since I sent in my $295 for the 447nm laser and it's been over a week since I asked for a refund. No laser and no refund. Glenn - you need to get your act together. You haven't placed the GB with CNI yet so there should be no reason that those funds are not available in your account. I have been very patient with you but this is just ridiculous. As I mentioned to you in a PM, this is my first group buy and you have not made a very good impression at all.

If you had read around BEFORE you sent the money, you would know that these CNI GB take a few months. If you are such an egoist and can´t wait for others, you should buy your laser directly at CNI.

If you had read around BEFORE you sent the money, you would know that these CNI GB take a few months. If you are such an egoist and can´t wait for others, you should buy your laser directly at CNI.

Obviously I realized it does take time. That is why I canceled my order.

Well it's been almost a month since I sent in my $295 for the 447nm laser and it's been over a week since I asked for a refund. No laser and no refund. .... As I mentioned to you in a PM, this is my first group buy and you have not made a very good impression at all.

As this is your first group buy, let me point out a couple things for you. Backing out when you commit to buy is considered rather bad form. This isn't like buying from a store where a canceled order has little impact, you have impacted every person that's involved. At this point you breaking your commitment will likely delay everybody from getting their lasers, and possibly endangering the group buy as a whole if we can't find somebody to replace you.

It's entirely possible that because of your choice, I may not get my laser at all; though I'm hoping that won't be the case.

I don't intend for this to be mean or rude (and I apologize if it comes across as such; this post is intended as friendly advice), but you really shouldn't commit to a group buy if you don't mean it. Hopefully this gives you some perspective as to why your decision is receiving a negative response.

We have all been waiting quite some time for this, and now we will wait even longer.

I have asked for updates in PMs to Glenn several times. Others have asked for updates on this discussion. I haven't seen any update that says we need X number more 447s or anything like that. If we were just told exactly how many more were needed or a target date maybe I wouldn't have worried so much. It is almost 2 weeks after the date Glenn said the order should have been submitted. If my backing out has impacted anyone - I'm sorry but that should not affect me having to wait for a refund.

DJNY

Aryntha posted the actual status here, but Glenn should also write it to the OP how many interested and buyers who already paid we have. I´m eventually inn for the 1mW GLP-589nm or I order the 30mW GLP-589nm directly from CNI if we don´t get enough people for this one.
THX

I've occasionally asked updates of Glenn, maybe every two to three weeks after not seeing him post in this thread, and I've received a reply from him each time within 24 hours. I'm not sure exactly what's holding the GB up, but I do know that he's just recently started a new job, which would definitely cut down on his hours in the day. If he has a family, then I would imagine that most of his evenings are taken up with them, leaving maybe just an hour or two a day to do stuff. That's not a lot of time for all that he used to do on the forums.

I´m eventually inn for the 1mW GLP-589nm or I order the 30mW GLP-589nm directly from CNI if we don´t get enough people for this one. THX

Ok, updated the totals post with that Phi.

And yes, Glenn sent me a PM letting me know he's VERY busy and only has 20 minutes or so to 'work on' the forum stuff per day. He did just recently start a new job.

That's why I'm trying to organize and gather the totals here so Glenn can see them "at a glance". Basically doing some orchestration here so that Glenn doesn't have to.

Life happens, and people have to remember: Glenn isn't doing this to make money. Glenn is doing this as a FAVOR TO THE FORUM. So treating him like a retail outlet isn't cool. He gets no benefit from this. All he's doing is organizing this with CNI to get us lower prices.

For GB#7, Glenn had a death in the family which delayed it. Thankfully, everyone was understanding. This happens sometimes with group buys and forum efforts. Glenn has been here a LONG time and he is NOT, I repeat NOT going to run off with anyone's money. So, reacting that way, because things aren't happening fast enough, or acting offended really doesn't prove anything - it just hurts the group buy itself.

So in closing I want to say, if you step up for this group buy, and the group buy happens, you WILL GET YOUR LASER. If it does not happen, Glenn will NOT run off with your money. You have nothing to lose here, and with a little patience, everything to gain.

Life happens, and people have to remember: Glenn isn't doing this to make money. Glenn is doing this as a FAVOR TO THE FORUM. So treating him like a retail outlet isn't cool. He gets no benefit from this. All he's doing is organizing this with CNI to get us lower prices.

I was rather hoping that somebody with more history here than me would make that point. He does this as a favor for us, at this point this GB must be more of a pain than anything else for him. If he's making any money on this I would hate to see what it comes out to per hour; it can't be much.

I really appreciate the effort and time he has put into this; these things take time, especially when dealing with a GB that is this complex. There's effectively two separate GBs (447s & 589s) in addition to all the other lasers that are available - there's nothing simple about this one, that's for sure.

@aryntha - Thanks for stepping up and trying to keep this on track. :)

Yes thanks friends, and either way, I'll get a refund to our good friend jimc1128 just a s fast as I can, and I do apologize I am not able atm to do so faster. I also must apologize I am online so little lately, due to the new job.
I believe we can order the 447 nm and green units very soon as we are up to about the right # on those, also, it could be soon, for 589nm 1 mW pens as mrbear is wanting one as well I'll try to get more things listed, (but, confidentially, my wife wants me right now... ) -AMB! -Glenn

Glenn, I'll update mrbear for 1 589-1mw on the totals post.

And, understood, life happens.

For the past 10 GBs interest has been high on these; 589, 473 ... it just seems the whole arctic craze killed interest. :\

Anyways this is what it's looking like so far -- correct me if I'm wrong:

AdamCaudill: PGL-III-C 447 (Committed) GLP-589 1mW (Willing)
Abolfazl: PGL-III-C 447 (Paid)
Jedirock: PGL-III-C 532 (Paid)
Aryntha: PGL-III-C 447 (Paid), PGL-III-C 532, (Paid), GLP-589 1mW (Willing)
Themandalorian: GLP-532 of some sort (Willing)
Bionic-Badger: GLP-589 1mW (Maybe Willing)
Dr_Evil: PGL-III-M-589nm 10mW (Committed)
NobleKnight88: PGL-III-C 447 (Committed)
iFoSh: GLP-532 (Paid)
DJNY: GLP-589 1mW (Willing)
mrbear: GLP-589 1mW (Willing)

Totals:

4x 532 -- (2x PGL-III-C 532, 2x GLP-532)
4x 447 -- (4x PGL-III-C 447)
6x 589 -- (5x GLP-589-1mW, 1x PGL-III-M-589)

14 lasers total...

I'm suspecting things have to be quite a bit higher than this, but just kind of trying to give an idea of where I'm at. (Glenn, correct me if I'm wrong too.)

Just wondering, are you counting the people who replied when the thread started or just the recent responses?