Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Endeavor-275

The key lock/key did not come with this unit. I may contact Nova about this, but I'm so pleased with this unit that I'm not even sure I want to bother them.

Check your mail soon Asa :) I ran into the same situation as you, but NOVALasers sent me my safety key/lock and a letter yesterday explaining the goof up. Kudos to NOVALasers for fixing the problem before I even asked!

Asa well you know who to call when you need money!!!!!! i gets first crack at it if you ever sell..ok?? cool tks

I was pretty impressed with the power of my X125 (my most powerful pen), then you get this monster and suddenly my 162mW really seems like nothing.

Seriously though, congrats - that is really something special :)

specs do say 1w pump but the specs are also general, i would assume it has a 2W pump atleast
No, it has a 1W pump diode in it.
I was wondering how a laser with this size diode, battery and small cooling ability could average almost 420mw and was discussing this with a colleague of mine.
He contacted Nova earlier today and Nova was not too thrilled he received their internal test/worksheet document that also shows Nova bought it from CNI as a 250mW Laser.

He couldn't get too much more info out of them about it except for them to tell him.
"Have the owner (Asa) show you a picture of the white sleeve that the Laser box is in, it has the model #, serial number and the official certified output expressed as average and peak power output. That same info is on the very first page of the operating instructions on the very top of the sheet, and that is the Official Measurements; it will show the date purchased. serial number and the True Average output and Peak output power that the Laser was certified and sold as; no Endeavor was ever sold as >400+ output or even close to it." end quote.
My colleague speculated that these internal test sheets which were never meant to be released was maybe the results of a stress test?? possibly, they crank it up with rechargeable's to push it a little to see how it holds up; because they tell you can use rechargeable CR2's, but you will shorten the life of the Laser; so maybe all it is an internal stress test of the Laser, instead of running it for too long, which takes time, or as one posted mentioned a current setting of 1.46, perhaps they crank up some internal pot to ~1.46A as a stress test rather than running a long burn-in test to make any infant mortality issues pop their head up quickly so to speak and then turn it back down to normal after these stress tests are completed and then run their normal condition tests and put the results of the certified average and peak power on the box label and at the top of the operating instructions sheet.
In any case the person at Nova said this laser has an average output power of 316.8mW with a peak output power of 345.5mW just as it really says on the owners official documents and nothing more.

In any case the person at Nova said this laser has an average output power of 316.8mW with a peak output power of 345.5mW just as it really says on the owners official documents and nothing more.

This makes me quite curious as to how this would perform on a LPM; would be very interesting to confirm just which numbers are correct.

Though in either case, it's still a very nice overspec unit.

DJNY

Asa, do you know a member with a LPM next to you?

Asa

Thanks for the info Boot! Regardless, I still love my laser. And it's average/peak is still amazing. :yh:

No, I don't know anyone with an LPM close to me. And it'd be hard for me to even let this thing go away for some time just to get tested. I'm having too much fun with it. :crackup:

No, it has a 1W pump diode in it.
I was wondering how a laser with this size diode, battery and small cooling ability could average almost 420mw and was discussing this with a colleague of mine.
He contacted Nova earlier today and Nova was not too thrilled he received their internal test/worksheet document that also shows Nova bought it from CNI as a 250mW Laser.

He couldn't get too much more info out of them about it except for them to tell him.
"Have the owner (Asa) show you a picture of the white sleeve that the Laser box is in, it has the model #, serial number and the official certified output expressed as average and peak power output. That same info is on the very first page of the operating instructions on the very top of the sheet, and that is the Official Measurements; it will show the date purchased. serial number and the True Average output and Peak output power that the Laser was certified and sold as; no Endeavor was ever sold as >400+ output or even close to it." end quote.
My colleague speculated that these internal test sheets which were never meant to be released was maybe the results of a stress test?? possibly, they crank it up with rechargeable's to push it a little to see how it holds up; because they tell you can use rechargeable CR2's, but you will shorten the life of the Laser; so maybe all it is an internal stress test of the Laser, instead of running it for too long, which takes time, or as one posted mentioned a current setting of 1.46, perhaps they crank up some internal pot to ~1.46A as a stress test rather than running a long burn-in test to make any infant mortality issues pop their head up quickly so to speak and then turn it back down to normal after these stress tests are completed and then run their normal condition tests and put the results of the certified average and peak power on the box label and at the top of the operating instructions sheet.

Well it may not be the best but RPLs sure as hell are not perfect either...

DrSid

Well all these green lasers have wide spectrum of power from the same parts. Crystal quality, and more, alignment, play a huge role. So they just build them .. and then they measure them and sort them by the power. 50mW and 200mW can have actually the same pump diode, same driver, same construction.

rathat

Everyone seems to love CNI hosts, My first one from novalasers 2 years ago was over specd, but the paint rubbed off very fast, everything started to twist and come unglued, eventually it broke, I took very good care of it, so I don't know how it happened but nova sent me a new one, this seemed to have the same problem. I was very upset, it eventually broke. But I keep hearing great things about them and Nova was helpful, so I think I'm going to give this a try, how can I pass up this deal, I don't have any green lasers at the moment. Going to buy a 250mw tomorrow. I'm sure this one will be good quality, I was just very unlucky last time(wasted $220 on a dud).

Thats a killer laser, dam! I'm sad because I paid just as much you did, for a CNI 150... =(

hos is going your laser asa? is it still alive?
....this is the best laser and unit i could ever dream. ;) i am interested in buy an endeavor.. but i wait for big sales and discounts....... ;)

Well, since I'm not the one ressurecting the 8 month old thread, I'll go ahead and rant about what an idiot I was for
not getting one of these during the insane up to 70% off sale they had for two weeks only. I got an X100 instead.
If Chuck Norris had a pointer it would look like the Endeavor.

Well, since I'm not the one ressurecting the 8 month old thread, I'll go ahead and rant about what an idiot I was for
not getting one of these during the insane up to 70% off sale they had for two weeks only. I got an X100 instead.
If Chuck Norris had a pointer it would look like the Endeavor.

Seconded.
But at the time I also had a >750mW 532 and didn't need more. :(