Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not a hit and run...

3ElevenBrodel

Hey guys-

So.. I've read some stuff here and just wanted to say I wasn't into the hit and run. This forum seems to like to "verify" members with a welcome post, so here's mine.

I'm just your average techish nerd type. I like gizmos, gadets, etc.. Into a little of everything.. I bounce from hobby to hobby.. Life is too short to only experience one.

I've had some lasers in the past, all low power commercial samples, but looking at getting into something a little more powerful to play with. Last night at a 4th of July part, I was able to "play" with a family members and it's rekindled my interest.

Considering purchasing, but would be interested in building my own - I have machine tools, lathe, etc..

Figured I'd throw a post out here just to say hi, so, hi!

311B

Last edited:

Hmmmmm....Welcome !! With Machine Shop equipment....What your mind can conceive....your hands can form !!! A great combination !
I m a Hack Machinist....who now wants CNC....and a bigger End Mill !!!

Sigh !!! Machining is yet another...er...hobby that is a never ending money pit !!!
Old Iron will be fine.....even preferred !!! Problem with bigger is weight !!! Once Placed....a 1500~2000 lbs machine is not to be moved without considerable effort !!

Have fun and be safe !!
CDBeam

welcome

can you give us a (usable)nic for you??
also a general location?
help is much better in person--& we have great members everywhere..I am south of Houston...

hak

Philipnzw

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by a "usable nic."

I'm not sure what a "nic" is...

He probably meant a more easily say-able (if this is even a word) nickname. 3Elevenbrodel doesn't exactly roll off the tongue/ feel like a real human name haha.

Fortunately for y'all in the states, this hobby has tons of members from the US, so yeah if you are free I'd recommend you to hang out with some of the US members. (albeit with a pandemic going on right now, it might be hard to do a meet-up safely.) I know I'd love to do this but I'm at the opposite side of the world. Imagine spending a weekend with chilled beers and talking about lasers lmao.

Anyway, a belated welcome post. It takes quite a bit of reading/ researching at the start, but once you get the basics, this hobby can easily become one of the most addictive and rewarding ones. Stay safe.

3ElevenBrodel

He probably meant a more easily say-able (if this is even a word) nickname. 3Elevenbrodel doesn't exactly roll off the tongue/ feel like a real human name haha.

Fortunately for y'all in the states, this hobby has tons of members from the US, so yeah if you are free I'd recommend you to hang out with some of the US members. (albeit with a pandemic going on right now, it might be hard to do a meet-up safely.) I know I'd love to do this but I'm at the opposite side of the world. Imagine spending a weekend with chilled beers and talking about lasers lmao.

Anyway, a belated welcome post. It takes quite a bit of reading/ researching at the start, but once you get the basics, this hobby can easily become one of the most addictive and rewarding ones. Stay safe.

I guess you guys could call me 3... ;)