Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nonsense with Cubote

rhd

I have two complaints (EDIT: three).

1) Mods appear to have "cleaned up" all of the negative reputation comments that about a half dozen LPF members have left for Cubote over the last couple weeks. This is what his profile looks like now. I promise you that as of last night, there were about 10 more negative comments there (including at least one by myself).

attachment.php

2) In doing this "clean up" of Cubote's nonsense threads (which I'll grant was neccesary), they made it appear as those the first person who replied to each thread initiated by Cubote, in fact initiated the thread themselves. So in one case, it makes it look as though I created one of Cubote's useless waste-of-forum-space threads ("Too bored, Howe about us Chat Something about High Power Laser Pointer?").

attachment.php

3) General comment 3. Accepting ad money from a company that is demanding payment for goods by Western Union won't end well. I know LPF needs ad money, and I'm not suggesting you shouldn't take on ads. But this is a really sketchy one, and you should give it a second thought. Isn't payment by Western Union at the top of absolutely every list of red-flags?

Is there a single mod on this forum that can honestly tell me they'd endorse doing business with a Chinese gadget site that demands payment by Western Union?

Attachments

• what.png
    what.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 306
  • what2.png
    what2.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

Agreed, he did have a lot of red bars in his "Reputation Page" and they are gone for me also.

It seems to me like he is just looking for attention. Maybe if we ignore him & don't purchase his products he will go away :tinfoil:

-Alex

1) The comments were removed because the links were moved. It's unavoidable as far as I know. The negative points still stay. The same thing happens when a user deletes the post themselves - the points remain, but the comment is gone.

2) Those could be merged as well, but who was responding to what? Might be better to delete the remnants entirely.

3) Agreed.

ARG

1) See Cyp's comment.
2) I deleted the one on your profile RHD. I'll look for the rest. If anyone can provide me with links I will delete them.
3) Agreed. As much as I dislike it the mods don't have control over the ads.

If nobody complains, no action will be taken. Avery needs to know if things are being intrusive. Also this should probably be moved to Meta (suggestions, administrative ann)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi guys, cubote has 2 paid ads: 1 sticky thread, and 1 announcement thread

all of their other posts are regular posts they made as a member, but it is clear they are upsetting people

I will have a talk with Cubote and tell them other posts about their business will be considered spam.

Encap

Hi guys, cubote has 2 paid ads: 1 sticky thread, and 1 announcement thread

all of their other posts are regular posts they made as a member, but it is clear they are upsetting people

I will have a talk with Cubote and tell them other posts about their business will be considered spam.

Sounds good!
Almost every Cubote post was a thinly disguised spam/advert and a lot of members were getting very annoyed beacause of the volume of them posted in many places as well as the nature and intent. Had many, and me too, wondering what was going on as normally anyone would be banned for multiple thread spam adverts.

When I read this thread and the stickied thread " Cubote's Assorted Ad Posts Merged Here", I wondered: Did Cubote pay for all of those ads or for them be merged and stickied? I thought why are a bunch of Cubote's thinly disguised spam ads, stickied? Why not just delete same as spam---unless Cubote paid for that sticky too?

Thanks for clearing up that Cubote has not paid for the stickied merged "ad/spam" posts.

Maybe Cubote would be willing to pay for the merged "ads"sticky and if not interested, why keep it stickied--just a thought.

Is a great forum! Thanks for all your efforts to make and keep it happening.

Last edited: