Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

No longer available

rhd

Re: Guidesman #2 Host Kits and Driver Heatsinks **MANY customized options available!

Jufran, StokTT - what were you waiting on ? (other than a refund - what had you purchased?)

StokTT

Re: Guidesman #2 Host Kits and Driver Heatsinks **MANY customized options available!

Ive Order a guidesman #2 w/ driver heatsink and polish heatsink and polish host and the last message That i receive from Ray was That There was missing 6$ for the shipping and after he never respond to my PM Ive sent allot of PM without any sign of life . Ive ask refund or That he send my order , now it make around 75 days !

Last edited:

rhd

Ive Order a guidesman #2 w/ driver heatsink and polish heatsink and polish host and the last message That i receive from Ray was That There was missing 6$ for the shipping and after he never respond to my PM Ive sent allot of PM without any sign of life . Ive ask refund or That he send my order , now it make around 75 days !

I can probably go next door tomorrow and see if they have any of those silver guidesman 1s that I used for the build on the right-hand side here for my triple silver guidesman.
http://laserpointerforums.com/attac...ver-guidesman-diy-1650ma-lm1117-build-all.jpg

If they do, I can grab it and send it to you. I can't help you with a heatsink, but maybe someone else here can. I'm sure there are a few on the forum that still remember how to make a guidesman heatsink :)

StokTT

Do they still sale the #2 ??

I can probably go next door tomorrow and see if they have any of those silver guidesman 1s that I used for the build on the right-hand side here for my triple silver guidesman.
http://laserpointerforums.com/attac...ver-guidesman-diy-1650ma-lm1117-build-all.jpg

If they do, I can grab it and send it to you. I can't help you with a heatsink, but maybe someone else here can. I'm sure there are a few on the forum that still remember how to make a guidesman heatsink :)

1.10"ODx.90"
the new style is the same diameter, but a little shorter.

Last edited:

rhd

Do they still sale the #2 ??

I have no idea.

I just offered to help with guidesman #1 because they had some of the rarish shiny silver hosts next door, and I thought it might help make your loss less crappy.

StokTT

Allright and how it will cost ? Host + shipping

rhd

Allright and how it will cost ? Host + shipping

No. I was just going to offer to send you one. If you can find someone to shoot you off a heatsink, then you should be good to go with a host for your project.

Though before you get your hopes up, I'll have to see if they still sell em. It's been a while since I've checked.

Jufran, StokTT - what were you waiting on ? (other than a refund - what had you purchased?)

I purchased 2 guidesman originals, but they were out of stock so I told Ray it was ok because I can wait. However, almost 2 months in I told him if he can just refund me the money back. I shouldn't have waited that long :(

He said he would refund me the money but he was setting up his business so I said that's fine. So I waited again but after some more PMs no reply since then.

StokTT

No. I was just going to offer to send you one. If you can find someone to shoot you off a heatsink, then you should be good to go with a host for your project.

Though before you get your hopes up, I'll have to see if they still sell em. It's been a while since I've checked.

Mmm .. I cant refuse since its free .. Im feeling like christmas day :san: So :thanks: a lot RHD and at the same time if someone have a guidesman #1 heatsink for sale i might be interest :beer:

Eudaimonium's making me a couple of H/Sinks for the Guidesman, maybe give him a shout

Hi guys,

Been lurking here for a while (this is actually my first post), but add my name to the list of folks waiting for stuff from Ray. I sent him $98 for 3 guidesman kits a little over 2 months ago. I got a "they're being worked on" reply when I sent him a PM to check in several weeks later, and have received no reply to the couple of additional PM's I've sent since. I know he's busy with other stuff, but I agree with RHD. Not responding to multiple people who've sent you money in good faith is just not cool.

(Ray, if you're reading this, I'd still prefer to have the items, but I'd also accept a refund, and be done with it.)

Jufran, StokTT, PM me if either of you hear from him, and I'll do the same. I don't want to have to pursue the avenues RHD suggested, but I'll do it if needed, if none of us hears from him soon.

-Andy

Hello guys, Kookapeli informed me that these hosts are essentially same as Guidesman (older style), correct?
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have ordered two of those a while ago to make heatsinks for, I'll keep the desings and have them offered shortly. Just making sure they are the same, if anybody has them and the older style Guidesman.

the guiesman originals were discontinued a few months ago. Menards no longer carries them

rhd

Hello guys, Kookapeli informed me that these hosts are essentially same as Guidesman (older style), correct?
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have ordered two of those a while ago to make heatsinks for, I'll keep the desings and have them offered shortly. Just making sure they are the same, if anybody has them and the older style Guidesman.

That actually IS the guidesman - logo and all.

As mentioned, I'll stop next door and see if they still have the non-logoed shiny silver ones.

If not, they'll probably still have BLACK and GRAY - those never seemed to sell out.

Contact me with your transaction ID if I still have not issued you a refund. I have been issuing refunds for several weeks steadily, and sporadically over the last several months. PP links remained active because I never made it on here and thought to remove them. However, any received payment was always immediately refunded. I know there are two or three people who have not been refunded from reading here, and that is simply because you got lost in the mess of my PP statement. Thanks. rhd, thanks for jumping to conclusions that I was trying to scam people out of petty amounts of money. Maybe the forum should make you a moderator?

Last edited by a moderator: