Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

No Longer Available at this time!

Re: FS Custom C6 445nm Blue 1.245W Laser for sale!! $165.00

The problem is that, now that you removed the anodization (NOT paint), it looks sort of crummy. Anyway, unless you're Jayrob, you typically won't get more than $140 for a C6 host unless it is very high in power, and yours isn't. You have the right to sell at any price, I'm just giving some advice as to how youc an sell it faster.

Re: FS Custom C6 445nm Blue 1.245W Laser for sale!! $155.00

Point is, with the new M140 diodes, 1.25W is really on the low end of the power spectrum. For a high asking price, generally 1.7W and up is required. Most diodes can be expected to get to 1.5-1.6W or so.

Well, they are some of the best builders/sellers here on the forums. They are charging more because they have a reputation of having great worksmanship, excellent service, and good morals. Certainly, if you were to have bought the components by yourself and done all of the machining, etc. on your own, you probably would only have put ~$90-100 into it. I've done the same thing before. I ended up selling the laser (similar to yours) for about $130 (I hadn't removed the anodizing, but it had a copper heatsink, came with batteries, etc.).

I'm not saying you overpaid. You got a decent deal from them (they are always decent deals from those two). But because you are trying to resell something that has been modified and you're not a well-known seller here, you're not going to get premium.

I dunno, to be honest. I don't sell these lasers nor do I buy them. DTR is the guy for C6 hosts and we try to not to infringe on that. Further, I build my own lasers, so I wouldn't know what to pay. I just know that I sold a laser with more than 6 hours of custom machine time into it for $130 and it probably had more net part cost than that laser :\ However, the EZ focus does increase the value of it significantly, so if I were to sell something similar to that, I would probably look to get about $150-160 out of it?

Well, a copper heatsink, in intrinsic value (i.e. pure material cost) is about $5 worth of material. However, when I do copper heatsinks, I typically charge ~$15 for something about the size of a host.

Yeah, $155 is probably a good price. The blue glow rings are really neat, I gotta admit. Probably increases intrinsic value on it ^_^

Blord

Just wait a couple of days for the sale. You can evaluate it later.

Good luck ! :gj:

Last edited:

Unfortunately, it wasn't paint, it was anodization, COMPLETELY different. Further, removing the anodization (NOT paint) won't actually extend the life of the diode, so it wasn't really an issue of practicality. Further, it's rather different to re-ANODIZE the host... it requires a bunch of chemicals, etc.

Could you take some better pictures of the host up close to get a better image of what the polishing looks like? Maybe it's just me, but it looks kind of... rugged? If it truly looks like polished stainless steel, you could probably get a bit more. Just from the photos, it doesn't look polished as much as it does sanded.

For the same reason that others do it to my threads, etc. It's frustrating to see someone trying to sell something for more than its worth. And initially, it seemed like you were looking for $165, which I don't think this laser is worth.

I didn't mean to sound like a prick (pardon my British?) - selling here isn't easy, though. Especially when it's second hand.

Finally, I'm really no expert. Just another laser hobbyist like yourself. Point being, being into lasers is an expensive hobby. If you aren't looking to lose some money here and there, it's not the right hobby to be in ;)

Re: FS Custom C6 445nm Blue 1.245W Laser for sale!! $150.00

$150 seems like a good deal, all things evaluated. :D

DTR

Re: FS Custom C6 445nm Blue 1.245W Laser for sale!! $150.00

When you sell something used there is an assumption that it is a discounted some from the original price tag but what that amount is can only be determined by you and a potential buyer. Give it some time and if you don't get any buyers you can reevaluate what you are willing to take for it or keep it as it is worth more to you to do so.:beer:

Sorry guys, but I will just keep this Laser as I didn't want to sell it anyway.

I only listed it because we had a Medical bill to pay, but I got the money another way, so it's all good!

:O u rob a bank or something??
lol
hope everything is going well! :beer:

Ya, Everything is fine!! LOL

Just got another job real quick and made some cash, so I can keep this 1.245W Laser.

I really love it and you can't have too many Blue Lasers or Lasers period, for that matter!! :beer: