Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nichia 1W @ 525nm

Because this is the exciting news that hasn't been followed up. I felt so bored about laser newbies asking some 5mW 532nm laser ...

With this Nichia achievement, finally it may be practical for projector use... hence we may have a chance to get a 1W+ direct green laser cheap. I have been waiting for them 2+ yrs already.

man what is with the necro posting this week? Every time I come back here, there are about 4-5 old threads being Frankenstein-ed back to the top.

Is it necroposting week? Some internet holiday I don't know about?

Why would you come to this old thread and then reply to someone's post from the middle of the it?

man what is with the necro posting this week? Every time I come back here, there are about 4-5 old threads being Frankenstein-ed back to the top.

Is it necroposting week? Some internet holiday I don't know about?

Why would you come to this old thread and then reply to someone's post from the middle of the it?

Well at least this thread wasn't 2+ years old like so many of the recent necroposts.

Personally, I'd like to see all posts older than like 6 months (hell, even a year would be okay) auto-locked.

Because this is the exciting news that hasn't been followed up. I felt so bored about laser newbies asking some 5mW 532nm laser ...

With this Nichia achievement, finally it may be practical for projector use... hence we may have a chance to get a 1W+ direct green laser cheap. I have been waiting for them 2+ yrs already.

Well it's nice to be excited, but was it even necessary to reply to some old message notify everyone about it? It's like someone left a message for you on your voice mail a month or two ago, and then suddenly you decide to reply to it.

joeyss

I hate to sound like a troll , but annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we'll never hear of this again.

Seriously green diodes are still a long way off. I'm disappointed that they aren't easy to obtain. It's a shame.They should of been here in 2013 by now.

Last edited:
Uh, then explain this. You can get these bare diodes for less than $350 without much of an issue, DJNY has offered to help order them ;)

Last edited:
Uh, then explain this. You can get these bare diodes for less than $350 without much of an issue, DJNY has offered to help order them ;)
Yeah, i love that color. I wish someone would do a review on it with some real beam and dot shots. But you know whats ridiculous? That host, with everything in it, is no where near $150usd. I will never understand that one.

Plus the drivers and work involved, theres nothing wrong with them selling them that high, they just don't have any competition driving it down. Keep in mind, they are a business ;)

Blord

Imagine that color in 1 Watt. :drool:
The lower power are real now but how about the 1 Watt diodes ?

Wow, thanks for that. Its definitely got wider beam specs. still looks like pretty good divergence so that means its not multimode from what i can tell.
Awesome.

@Zraffle: Yeah your probably right. They do have to pay their staff. I just feel like thats 50 dollars too much, but thats just me.

And actually with the coupon code, It takes off 50 dollars. PM me if you want the coupon code if you cant find it.

Last edited: