Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nice Cheap AAA red laser

HJ-142 5mW Red Laser Pointer Pen(Black) $2.22 Free Shipping

Just received mine in the mail today. Only difference from the pic is the head is flat, not rounded. Definitely brighter than a keychain pointer from the store.

EDIT: Pictures were deceiving because the air in my room has dust particles flying around and no window fan in etc, way easier to see the beam than normal. So I unlinked the pics.

Still pretty good deal for $2.22 with free shipping :)

Last edited:

Helios

If you unthread the top is there actually a current regulation circuit? I had a few dozen identical to that and all they had was a switch and a resistor. Half of them didnt work because the switch and button didnt line up or had terrible threads on the tail cap.

Could be different lasers but they are the same hosts for sure.

Last edited:
I didn't mess around too much with it. I took some rubber and pliers and got the cap off. which is attached to the module (if it's screwed in its glued or something).

Maybe mine is 5-6mw or something I don't know. Probably used to aa/keychain pointers that are 1-2mw lol. I managed to get a piece of foam under the switch so it feels secure now. I've had way worse tailcap threads than this.

And it's just a flat pressed diode with a switch and resistor. But for 2.22, I'm happy. Especially since a 2xaa crap laser in the US is 5-10 dollars usually. I've got a green and violet coming from dino, but I just ordered this from priceangels along with a couple flashlights.

Helios

I agree about the price. I just mailed an envelope with a switch in it WITHIN the country for $1.70 so $2 for a laser shipped half way around the world is more than fair! I also agree that these are superior to the key chain pointers assuming you get one with decent threads and a switch thats aligned.

Out of 30 I threw away at least 10 because of threads and switch alignment. However PA is good about exchanges so you probably cant go wrong.

Fenzir

Do you know how long shipping took? I'd imagine a month or so.

Check my build out . You can see what kind of driver is in them. Its just a Resistor. No Caned diode and very easy to take apart.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/diy-cheap-ir-laser-pen-5-under-63445.html#post905653

Also there is a USA link in the OP if anyone want to get one. Ships fast too. Got it in a few Day. But its .50 cents More.:p But it has the round head not the flat head. So it might now be the same as this LD Laser.;)

Its a Great little laser on its own. Solid too. Its a great buy for just messing around with.

Last edited:
Haha, I didn't even realize this was the same pen you did that IR build with. This pen is for the cats anyways. I have a 1xrcr2 host ready if I can get the money for a LCC/LOC in an aixiz module with a driver inside.

I also just compared this pen against a 4.99 keychain pointer I got at Meijer with 2 button cells measuring at 1.55v each. This pen is at least twice as bright....for 2 dollars.

Last edited:
I agree with you. This laser is bright for the money. I forgot to meter it before i took it apart.

But i do like how how your is a flat head. Can you take a close up of it. I might just order one from your link.:)

Helios

If anyone wants one ill sell them for $3 shipped from the good ole US of A and they wont be the broken units I already threw away.

I will actually be losing money on this but its better than having these just sitting around forever in a box.

Am I missing something here. I have 200mW+ 650/660nm lasers, and they don't really produce a beam. I mean I know you said the second pic is overexposed, but the beam in the first one is far too visible.

I've gotten that $1.39 one from ebay... didn't meter it... gave it away to a friend to play with his dog.

Um, they are for cat/dog toys and poking around with, Infinitus. Not saying they are anything grand. Just saying for less than 2 dollars shipped from china they are definitely worth it.

BTW, I can see the beam in a dark room.