Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nice Cheap AAA red laser

Helios

Um, they are for cat/dog toys and poking around with, Infinitus. Not saying they are anything grand. Just saying for less than 2 dollars shipped from china they are definitely worth it.

BTW, I can see the beam in a dark room.

Really?! That would be one freak diode. What kind of batteries are you using?

If you want to find out I can meter it for you.

I'm not too worried about it. Would cost more to ship it to and from than to buy 2 pointers. I can see the beam of my 4.99 pointer from meijer in a dark room, but it has to be really dark. This one is literally twice as bright to my eyes both beam and dot.

Maybe I just see reds better who the hell knows lol. I could see the beam of my 80-100mW phr just fine in a room. But I'm sure dustiness and stuff has to be taken into account. I couldn't see the beam of my 1.2w 445 in my dad's house nearly as well as I do here at home. But my stepmom keeps that house ridiculously clean and dusts all the time.

Crap Lotus... invest in some air filters and a duster:na:

But basically I had the same question pop up in my head as Helios... Even a 250mW+ red doesn't produce much of a beam, so for this laser to produce a beam is very very unusual IMO. Of course it's possible it's not a 650/660, but rather a 630, but I highly doubt that.

It looks no different in color than the 650-660 keychain pointer, just brighter. When I looked inside it was a flat diode, so not 630 for sure.

And fiancee's parents house :( I'm not investing in their house lol. Although I am the one who put all new carpet in our room...

Last edited:
Np. Just to let you know it's easier to see the beam when your room has a lot of dust and crap in it, lol. But it's still easily twice as bright as a keychain pointer from the grocery store. And a 2xaa laser pointer in the states, your hard pressed to find for less than 10 dollars.

Just a tip, I was getting a decent amount of splash around the dot, so I took a diamond bit on my dremel and made the exit hole slightly bigger. No more splash at all. Just don't put the dremel in that far.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, and I don't expect it to be spectacular, but for $2 shipped you can't go wrong lol.

Yeah, you can buy 3 of those for the price of 1 pack of smokes. (God that's a horrible thought... I need to quit :()

jakeGT

My 285mW lpc-815 I couldn't see the beam in a lit room..... Barely in a dark one without smoke ?

Yeah, I've deduced it's due to the dustiness of my room and non-cleanliness of the air.

It's still easilly twice as bright as a grocery store laser pointer as I said before though.

EDIT: I've changed my first post and noted the pictures were pretty deceiving for real-life comparison. (unless you have your air conditioner on and dust flying everywhere and it's dark)

Last edited:
LOL! I was actually doing a little cleaning in my bedroom, and dust was all over... fun for lasering, although I could barely stop myself from sneezing.

New 3in1 5mW Red Laser Pointer Flashlight Keychain Red - eBay (item 280672350424 end time Jul-05-11 17:00:22 PDT)

Here's a laser that I bought that ships from the US for 2.50. Has a bonus 2x LED lights and the other side unscrews which reveals a pen. I don't remember how long it took to ship but it was definitely less than a week.

It's very bright for the price. I got it for my sister to play with her cats and dogs and she loves it. She uses the pen and LEDs a lot as well.

Just thought I'd give you guys another option.

EDIT: The only downside is it doesn't use AAA batteries. Uses 3 LR44 batteries instead.

Last edited:
Because I want a bunch of useless crap on my laser? I have flashlights and pens, thanks. lol

Button cells, haha. Double no thanks.

Last edited:
New 3in1 5mW Red Laser Pointer Flashlight Keychain Red - eBay (item 280672350424 end time Jul-05-11 17:00:22 PDT)

Here's a laser that I bought that ships from the US for 2.50. Has a bonus 2x LED lights and the other side unscrews which reveals a pen. I don't remember how long it took to ship but it was definitely less than a week.

It's very bright for the price. I got it for my sister to play with her cats and dogs and she loves it. She uses the pen and LEDs a lot as well.

Just thought I'd give you guys another option.

EDIT: The only downside is it doesn't use AAA batteries. Uses 3 LR44 batteries instead.

Well intentioned... but a total fail:undecided:

Fenzir

I personally DO carry around a laser/LED/pen everywhere I go. The tripple combo ones. I got mine at radioshack for $3.50. I use it because I often need to point out objects from 20-50 yards away from behind a fence. The LED is useful but not really. The pen is useful as a pen. However, mine runs on AAA's. I also needed it low power so only the people I wanted to see it could see it. I believe it is 1-3mw.

I could see carrying a 1xAAA pen laser combo around. That seems useful. I have a LumaPower Incendio V3 flashlight I've been EDCing for a while now, and I can't see replacing it with a few 5mm leds :p