Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NewWish Laser specs...

cbrian4 said:
Dude thats the best divergence i have ever heard of in my life! 0.49999995833333954 :eek: :eek: :eek:

I looked up average specs on lasers, and must be WAYY off on the 2km size, but I still see a spot at night on a white house. The 3mm at 4m is approximate, but I bet darn close..

Unfortunately this seems to be the norm :(. No wonder they lose burning power at short distances.

As far as the brass tube idea goes, that's a bit out of my leage for what i have the material/tools to build. Would carefully painting the inside of the barrel black help? Or maybe sticking something over the aperture pierced to JUST the size of the beam?

JLSE

It all comes down to the optics, athinner AR coated acrylic 2mm thick and a nice glass expander gas given me reall nice results. The dot never seems to change. Also remember if you change to thinner optics you have to bring the lens closer to the expander. Not only is there less loss overall but you get way better divergence @ distance :)

Cool! thanks for the advice:)

I just noticed my (I thought) careful cleaning put a small scratch on the AR coating on the inside of the collimator lens. :( Where can I get a better lens and how do I mount it? Simply push this one out of the brass ring and carefully install the new? I again cannot build a new lens mounting system:(

JLSE

Remember as well, when installing a new lens in a cap that has a brass ring, be sure to test the new lens first without the retaining ring. If the new lens has different shaped sides, you may have to flip it around. If you place the ring back in and have to flip it, damage may occour when taking it back out. I always avoid making permanent or fixed mock ups. They can cost you more time and money in the long run :(

Hey guys so pot modding a true 5mw will be the same as buying a true 50mw? Same diode etc...

Where did my post go???? Anyways modding a true 5mW to 50mW would be the same as buying the 50mW

dont worry about it bro every of that guys posts confuse me
Sorry I must have misread these posts.
All Newwish laser modules are only 50mw and sorted by power, So they make a bunch of green laser modules and pot mod them to 5mw. Dealextreme buys them and puts them in there housing and labels them as true 5mw green lasers.

If you don't know what I mean, I'm asking if all there lasers are 50mw and just pot modded. Newwish lasers of course

Because I could buy a 5mw green newwish laser and set it was originally made "50mw"

Sorry I do not explain things very well.

Buy a 5mw green newwish laser potmod it and you will get 50 mW.

And after 1 day playing it will be dead.

Buy a 5mw green newwish laser potmod it and you will get 50 mW.

And after 1 day playing it will be dead.

I thought the 5mw is a underpowered 50mw diode... like the 100mw is a overpowered 50mw diode sorry.

holy crap
if you want a good laser, then friken spend money!!!
why dont you think we just all "pot mod" our lasers to be 1W+????
do whatever you want, but ull just end up with a dead laser
and then you can buy quality lasers...

holy crap
if you want a good laser, then friken spend money!!!
why dont you think we just all "pot mod" our lasers to be 1W+????
do whatever you want, but ull just end up with a dead laser
and then you can buy quality lasers...

Don't be mean dude!
Somebody explained that dx did that I thought!!!
I just bought L-030 30mW Mini Flashlight Style Green Laser (CR123A) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme 3 weeks ago it's coming soon, A bunch of stuff for building a red laser
200mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
and hobby boxes boardes wire soldering iron solder stuff like that
I might buy this soon 100mW Red Laser Module (5V Input) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
I am making a spartan laser that in the future I will have a better laser in it and real spartan laser features.

I'm not **** cheap I just wanted to know if thats how dx did it.
Because I could buy a dx 5mw that is really under-potmodded to 5mw and was originally 50mw!!! and pot mod it 50mw I thought thats how it was done okay I've spent over 100$ at the source for a bunch of **** for one I'm making.
I'm 12 so that money is not easy!
I will not ever again pot mod a laser OKAY?