Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newcomer from US

Gazen

Hello all, my name is Charles. I’m from California. After browsing this forum for a few months, I’ve decided that I want to get in on the action. I’m new to lasers, but look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone. I have an affinity for small hosts and blue wavelengths, so if you have any recommendations, let me know.

Thanks for reading!
* I have these to protect my seeing balls:
https://www.survivallaser.com/Eagle...ard_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p556088_2780808.aspx
and
https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/goggles

Last edited:

BobMc

Welcome Gazen (Charles) from California. It's a great hobby. Enjoy and be safe. :wave:

Last edited:
Hi And welcome to LPF enjoy.
If interested check out my sales thread there a 445nm blue there just built.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Charles! :beer:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here.

Don't forget to take advantage of the "Custom Search" bar at the bottom of the page, there's a wealth of laser related info. to be found there. :D

A good source of small, quality hosts can be found at Survival Lasers, they are a quality store, and Gary, the owner is a member here (Garoq). LPF members also get a 10% discount. :yh:

Welcome to the LPF, Charles. Lots of great information here if you are wanting to learn.

Encap

Welcome---enjoy the forum

The LPF Search function at bottom of page can help you answer most question---is an extensive LPF data based of questions and comments over the years.

Always be eye safe --wear laser goggles/glasses and use safe operating procedures.

You can study up on same here: Laser Pointer Safety - FAQ

Gazen

Welcome to LPF Charles! :beer:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here.

Don't forget to take advantage of the "Custom Search" bar at the bottom of the page, there's a wealth of laser related info. to be found there. :D

A good source of small, quality hosts can be found at Survival Lasers, they are a quality store, and Gary, the owner is a member here (Garoq). LPF members also get a 10% discount. :yh:

If I wanted to build a laser, what would I need other than a module from DTR(diode+driver) and one of Survival Laser's host kits(like this https://www.survivallaserusa.com/DTR_20mm_Diode_Module_Host_Bundle/p1667092_17736986.aspx)?

Soldering station and solder, heat shrink tubing and rechargeable Li-ion Battery(ies). Oh, and a lens. Either a multi-element lens or his(DTR) G2. The module comes with a stock acrylic lens which you will want to change for a glass one.

Welcome, but for a recommendation, grab your wallet and run away now before it's too late.