Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Newcomer from US

Gazen

Hello all, my name is Charles. I’m from California. After browsing this forum for a few months, I’ve decided that I want to get in on the action. I’m new to lasers, but look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone. I have an affinity for small hosts and blue wavelengths, so if you have any recommendations, let me know.

Thanks for reading!
* I have these to protect my seeing balls:
https://www.survivallaser.com/Eagle...ard_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p556088_2780808.aspx
and
https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/goggles

Last edited:

BobMc

Welcome Gazen (Charles) from California. It's a great hobby. Enjoy and be safe. :wave:

Last edited:

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi And welcome to LPF enjoy.
If interested check out my sales thread there a 445nm blue there just built.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Charles! :beer:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here.

Don't forget to take advantage of the "Custom Search" bar at the bottom of the page, there's a wealth of laser related info. to be found there. :D

A good source of small, quality hosts can be found at Survival Lasers, they are a quality store, and Gary, the owner is a member here (Garoq). LPF members also get a 10% discount. :yh:

paul1598419

Welcome to the LPF, Charles. Lots of great information here if you are wanting to learn.

Encap

Welcome---enjoy the forum

The LPF Search function at bottom of page can help you answer most question---is an extensive LPF data based of questions and comments over the years.

Always be eye safe --wear laser goggles/glasses and use safe operating procedures.

You can study up on same here: Laser Pointer Safety - FAQ

Gazen

Welcome to LPF Charles! :beer:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here.

Don't forget to take advantage of the "Custom Search" bar at the bottom of the page, there's a wealth of laser related info. to be found there. :D

A good source of small, quality hosts can be found at Survival Lasers, they are a quality store, and Gary, the owner is a member here (Garoq). LPF members also get a 10% discount. :yh:
If I wanted to build a laser, what would I need other than a module from DTR(diode+driver) and one of Survival Laser's host kits(like this https://www.survivallaserusa.com/DTR_20mm_Diode_Module_Host_Bundle/p1667092_17736986.aspx)?

paul1598419

Soldering station and solder, heat shrink tubing and rechargeable Li-ion Battery(ies). Oh, and a lens. Either a multi-element lens or his(DTR) G2. The module comes with a stock acrylic lens which you will want to change for a glass one.

Alaskan

Welcome, but for a recommendation, grab your wallet and run away now before it's too late.