Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Toy :)

ped

Yeah I've looking in settings, couldn't find it, guess I'll have have to stop asking to be spoon fed and google it :p

Thanks

whats the model of the camera again? dont mind "spoon feeding" you Ped. you are one of the few who are an exception to the rule :D i just forgot what camera you got so put a simple answer :crackup:

nueces

Don't know much about lasers ... yet ... but do know some about cameras. Macro focusing is just what it is. You have about 1/8" of exact focus and it goes OOF very fast from there. That's just macro. If you want to get something larger all in focus back off and use telephoto from a tripod with like f/11 or f/16. Check your tele lens. They all have a minimum focus distance. That is you can't get any closer than that.

This should help out a ton Ped Owners Manual

currently reading it to help you out but posted it for future reference :D

EDIT: Set to TV mode and then use the main dial to change the shutter speed (page 66)

TV is shutter priority mode so the camera should adjust all other settings to mirror the shutter speed you selected

Last edited:

ped

Thanks neuces , I'll try the telephoto way.

And thanks livinloud, will deffo give that go, and I'll have a read...but at the moment its 18:30hrs on Saturday night ...which means Bacardi & Black Ops II :)

ARG

Wow, you sure got a good deal on that :D (if I remember the pound to Canadian dollar conversion correctly)

I've always wanted a DSLR, I keep boring DSLR's from my friends whenever I need to take good photos.
Takes a while to figure everything out, but you can still take great photos until then :D Having a good camera is most of the work when trying to get a good photo.

ped

Here's a pic I took yesterday at the wedding , compressed for the web obv. Sorry for the oversize, I wanted to leave it origonal.

Xbox pfft ,ps3 pfft, I play it the way it's meant to be played, on a PC! :D

2u3zevn.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say - that's a nice looking picture. I'm no photographer, but I can definitely tell that that's a baby! :)

At the risk of being a threadjacker, I have a photography related question that I haven't stumbled over the answer for yet - figured it'd be ok to ask, since most of the photographers appear to be watching the thread anyway.

Do we need to do anything special as far as taking pictures of high-powered beams? Obviously, I wouldn't shoot a laser into the aperture of my camera, but - do we need to be worried about sensor damage, taking pictures of a very bright dot on the wall/etc? Sorry for the newbishness of this, I didn't know if there were certain filters that I should put on, or - what?

Again, sorry for threadjacking - just figured it'd be better than making a whole new thread to ask a camera question when there's a shiny new camera thread. :)

LaZeRz

Your camera should be fine with it. As long as your sensor doesn't catch a reflection it will cope :)