Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New To The World of lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys chill out. MasterofDoom is obviously very new to this "internet" thing. Although he has some strangely unusual requests, who are we not to guide him in the right direction? It is this kind of enthusiasm that we need in the laser community. If we set him on the right path, I believe that this 'MasterofDoom' could find a a good way to learn what laser science is really all about.

Cheech that you for that wonderful suggestion

Does anyone have any reviews on that particular light saber? How strong is the laser on it? Will i need to wear goggles while operating it, or is it safe?

I've seen a lot of replicas so i want to find the best one before purchasing it

This is the one Cheech recommended

LaserSaber - Laser powered sabers! A brighter saber.

I ordered goggles but they haven't arrived yet but if you guys think i could handle that laser I'll certainly purchase it as the price is right.

Cheech that you for that wonderful suggestion

Does anyone have any reviews on that particular light saber? How strong is the laser on it? Will i need to wear goggles while operating it, or is it safe?

I've seen a lot of replicas so i want to find the best one before purchasing it

This is the one Cheech recommended

LaserSaber - Laser powered sabers! A brighter saber.

MoD, that seems like some pretty serious shit you're trying to get into.

I would suggest you start smaller before working your way up to that. I know of some 20-30mw lasers that would be a lot easier for you to learn from. Feel free to message me and I'll lend you a hand.

As for goggles, the important thing to look for is that they filter out the certain amount of light radiation in conjunction with the laser. If they don't, you might as well not be wearing them at all.

Excuse me gentlemen, but if you don't mind me dropping in I would like to discuss this lightsaber issue our friend MasterofDoom here seems to be having.

I frown upon many users in this thread filling his mind with false information stating that obtaining such a source of power such as the one he desires is impossible to get. I'll have you know I happen to own a lightsaber as I'm sure many of you do also. It's selfish to keep all the secrets of the ancient weapon to yourself.

Here is a picture of me with my lightsaber:

mace_windu.jpg

Excuse me gentlemen, but if you don't mind me dropping in I would like to discuss this lightsaber issue our friend MasterofDoom here seems to be having.

I frown upon many users in this thread filling his mind with false information stating that obtaining such a source of power such as the one he desires is impossible to get. I'll have you know I happen to own a lightsaber as I'm sure many of you do also. It's selfish to keep all the secrets of the ancient weapon to yourself.

mace_windu.jpg

BBQ how could you! It is common laser law that dictates the secrets of the ancient weapon may only be revealed to those who have a laser inertia factor level of at least over 9000. Such offense is punshable with death...BY LASER.

BBQ how could you! It is common laser law that dictates the secrets of the ancient weapon may only be revealed to those who have a laser inertia factor level of at least over 9000. Such offense is punshable with death...BY LASER.
Why, that sounds like a challenge to me young one! The battle shall begin. You must give me a fortnight to ready myself. I'm looking forward to this upcoming match.

mace_windu.jpg

Haha this thread is a joke now! i love it hah But its been a joke from the beginning But BBQ you're Pink Floyd Picture i Love Pink Floyd you're okay simply for the picture haha.
You as who ever you really are.

Last edited:
Why, that sounds like a challenge to me young one! The battle shall begin. You must give me a fortnight to ready myself. I'm looking forward to this upcoming match.

So beith young laserwan. But I must warn you, I was trained personally by the mighty Lazarus, and his benefactor, the Lazlow. Free yourself now! Laser child! I do not wish to vaporize such a worthy opponent like you with the power of my holy laser or Laserion. But if such a battle commenceth, then I shall do my honor to the Spirit of Lazar, and banish you to the Underbeam!

Morgan

Wow! You two/one should have a section all your own!

I reiterate...

Trollin', trollin', trollin',
Keep that post count rollin',
I'll keep my mouse scrollin'...
On byyyyyyyy......

Don't try to understand 'em,
Get admin to ban 'em,
With LPF members on your siiiiiiiiiiiide....

Rawhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide...... !!!!!

akgz2r.jpg
2dwi63m.jpg

M
:)

You guys are all arguing with the same person using multiple accounts. If everyone would shut up like I advised it would stop. You're doing nothing but entertaining this loser. He is laughing at you. Get it??? Stop feeding the troll.

You guys are all arguing with the same person using multiple accounts. If everyone would shut up like I advised it would stop. You're doing nothing but entertaining this loser. He is laughing at you. Get it??? Stop feeding the troll.

How dare you call me and my good friend BBQAppleSauce trolls. All we did was come here, excited to the join your wonderful community of laser enthusiasts. Instead, you mock us mercilessly, all because BBQ asked a question that may not have been considered by an experienced laserphile.

Such treatment ridicules the teachings of the Holy Spirit of Laserion. As Laserion stated in Psalm 57-4a of the Book of Laser, "Do not commit thy douchebagery to thy noobiness of they laserius. ALL HAIL THE LASERION OF LASER.", we must treat our newcomer brothers as our own. After all, who are we to ignore the spirit of which all that is laserful?

Kevlar

Yup, with his 3 different personalities, he can entertain himself. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

T_J's right.. Standard 'cool on the internet' guy who sits around on his computer all day making fun of people for sitting around on their computers all day.

Someone who figures that people who 'build lasers' are 'nerds and losers', so they picked this board to harass. It's pretty common on other online venues. I'm surprised this is the first we've seen of it here.

After the Arctic publicity, we'll see it a lot more. Certain other groups and forums that excel in the pastime of creating drama and getting people riled up. A few links from Gizmodo and we've got kids here who want to rag on "star wars nerds with their lightsabers".

Even though there's very little mention of star wars and lightsabers here... that's how the leading sites painted it, and that's how we'll be painted to certain troll groups from here forward.

Welcome to the sub-nerd domain. A side effect of the publicity. We'll probably have to deal with this a lot here going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.