Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to the forums.

Yes, they are good quality goggles. Can't put a price on your eyesight.
Have you had any experience with high power lasers before? 4-5W is a very serious power level.

You are right about that. I value my eyes as I can barley see out of one of my eyes already. And I haven't had experience with 4-5W yet. I've however had experience with 1-3W, I know to take extra precautions when it comes to very high powered lasers. I'm abit of a safety freak so any knowledge is good knowledge to receive

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That's good to hear. The risk of fires and skin burns goes up quite a bit with lasers exceeding 2W so care is definitely needed.

Radim

Hello everyone. I'm new to this community but have been a lurker for awhile now before I decided to finally register. I decided to join because well.. I'm having a rough time getting to find good company's that actually sell what your paying for. If anyone could shed any light on some good company's with reasonable prices, even if not good prices I have money to spend for quality. I'd highly appreciate it, I use to be in the sport of building my own years back but by now I know ive lost the skill I use to have. I'm looking to get a nice 3-5W.

Thanks,
Nick

Welcome to LPF Nick!

Depends on what you wish to get. There are some companies being top in the industry of portables - Jet Lasers, Sanwu, Dragon Lasers and Optotronics (these are however very special and expensive beyond what you might need for start), further many members of community here build lasers or sell components. So you can even build some. And Sanwu is preparing RGB host!

Best would be for you to go through some laser reviews here on LPF, define your purpose and discuss this purpose to choose the best laser fitting your needs. We will help you with that.

Enjoy and stay safe. :wave:

Radim

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I’ll contact him later for you. :)

Edit: Done ✅ :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum Nick...

The Search Bar at the bottom of the
page is your friend....

Enjoy your stay and do some reading
on reputable companies to buy from...

Jerry

Last edited:

BobMc

Welcome and enjoy Berrypalmer12. It s great hobby. Can get pricey but all good things cost. :wave:

Hello, Berry. Say, do you have a sister named Rosie? JK. Welcome to the LPF. :crackup:

Encap

I value my eyes as I can barley see out of one of my eyes already.

If that is true, playing with lasers is not a very wise idea--not for you.
Barely seeing out of both eyes is just an accident away.

Last edited:
I've handled high powered lasers before. I know the precautions to take. My only real question was about a reputable company because it's been a couple years since I've built or bought some beams. I appreciate the concern but I'll be safe.

Welcome to LPF, Nick! As you can see, there are a lot of knowledgeable people who’ll be happy to help and listen. Optical powers of 3 to 5 watts are very dangerous, so please remember to always wear good safety eyewear and be especially safe around others. A review of safety information at the beginning of the LPF main page is recommended. Have fun and take care. :D

-cd

Berry, maybe you would be interested in the NUBM44 with a beam expander on it? Some claim 8 watts of output, after the lenses... dreaming, but you can probably get six and a half, maybe seven if only a G2 lens in front of the diode.

Berry, maybe you would be interested in the NUBM44 with a beam expander on it? Some claim 8 watts of output, after the lenses... dreaming, but you can probably get six and a half, maybe seven if only a G2 lens in front of the diode.

I like the output but I haven't built a laser in in years I feel as if I'd mess something up now being rusty and all. Will browse around though for a company using em in one of their builds,