Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New site live - please report any questions/issues here

Coonie

I was going by this post. It sounds like he is having the problem with the phone too. I have had problems using a smart phone when trying to post here.
Again using the phone as a hot spot for wifi. Let the man answer is own questions.

I can assure you I haven’t, and would not do anything like this. I don’t post as much as I used to so I feel like you may have potentially had me as one of the moderators who could have done this.

-Alex

Alex, I didn’t intend to infer you my friend.

Last edited:
Running into issues posting pictures. The server doesn't resize the picture and blows a internal server error. ( try again later)

How much of a donation would it take to have someone write the programming to require new members to have a few approved posts under their belt before they can trash up the forum with this stuff? It really does stink the place up, even if a moderator comes along and cleans up later, it is still a mess until they do. This happens nearly every day.

Last edited:
How much of a donation would it take to have someone write the programming to require new members to have a few approved posts under their belt before they can trash up the forum with this stuff? It really does stink the place up, even if a moderator comes along and cleans up later, it is still a mess until they do. This happens nearly every day.

Yes, word filter would be nice feature

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Agreed, getting tired of reporting 5 or 6 advertising/spam posts every morning. It sure would be nice to have some type of filter in place to reduce this garbage.

IDK, appears Avery would rather keep the forum easy for new members to start in with their posts right away, but that comes at the costs of these sex spam messages, or keto lately. I guess if aren't getting enough you probably need to be on a diet, so they work together!

Coonie

I told you it wouldn't stop those spammers. But having every new member who posts requiring mods to approve would be a huge work load for them. If the mods are willing to do this then great but it's going to be a full time job

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Not a bad idea, just having posts keyword flagged, then the mods don't have to try and go through every new member's posts and approve it, but if certain keywords are present then it gets sent for further review. I remember on the old forum software, words like"sex" and "spaghetti" were automatically censored, so it did break a lot of those spam links right out of the gate. I guess it just don't carry over to the new software.

Coonie, you are just as entitled to your opinion as any member here in the forum. I understand your position, I just see things differently, lets agree to disagree on this issue. Not everyone agrees here on any one thing, we all have our own views and that's OK.