Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New site live - please report any questions/issues here

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hi guys, I'm working on getting the dark style up but it may take a week or so. maybe sooner if lucky. i modified posts to allow larger limit of characters but there are still a few errors editing large posts that i'm researching

regarding the bright background, a workaround is to simply dim your monitor a bit by clicking the battery icon in sys tray bar in windows. i often set my screen brightness to 0% or 25% when working on sites with a white background. if you find this tip useful maybe someone can make it a thread suggesting that option for shortterm, then i will sticky it. i personally find just dimming the screen a bit works fine for bright BG websites but that's just me=)

please be patient while i work on getting dark layout avail, may take some time

best regards
-ave

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for working on all of our concerns, can't wait for the dark to return. (y)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
a dark layout has been purchased and working with consultant to set it up, if we are lucky might have something working in next few days

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
a dark layout has been purchased and working with consultant to set it up, if we are lucky might have something working in next few days
Like coonie said, I had found a free theme. Maybe it wasn’t fully free, or you’ve chosen a better dark theme.
Thanks very much for looking into background colour and character limit. I’ll report back if there any issues still.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
There are still errors like you said on editing large threads. I keep getting this error when trying to edit my thread.
'Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console. '

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hi guys, I'm working on getting the dark style up but it may take a week or so. maybe sooner if lucky. i modified posts to allow larger limit of characters but there are still a few errors editing large posts that i'm researching

regarding the bright background, a workaround is to simply dim your monitor a bit by clicking the battery icon in sys tray bar in windows. i often set my screen brightness to 0% or 25% when working on sites with a white background. if you find this tip useful maybe someone can make it a thread suggesting that option for shortterm, then i will sticky it. i personally find just dimming the screen a bit works fine for bright BG websites but that's just me=)

please be patient while i work on getting dark layout avail, may take some time

best regards
-ave

Another temporary workaround you can use is if your display has a "Reader Mode" it'll skew the colors over to the red wavelengths and dim the display somewhat while reader mode is activated to make it easier on the eyes. Probably will look slightly different on every monitor, but the option should be in the front button controls.

IMG_20180918_085530323.jpg

IMG_20180918_085541482.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Avery, just curious as to how many different "Member" designations there are in this new system; I've seen the following - Member, Active member, and well known member, and of course the Super moderators and your own LPF founder/Admin title.

Edit: I just noticed that there is a new "upgrade your account" option available, just click on your mini avatar at the top right of the page to check it out, good idea!

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
@BowtieGuy , good question... it is based on trophy points...

min value
0 - new member
5 - member
25 - active member
45 - well-known member

these are the built in xenforo default, i havent changed anything here yet

trophy info

First message Points: 1
Somebody likes you Points: 2
Keeps coming back Points: 5
Can't stop! Points: 10
I like it a lot Points: 10
Seriously likeable! Points: 15
Addicted Points: 20
Can't get enough of your stuff Points: 20
I LOVE IT! Points: 30

it appears that you basically get trophies based on how many people "like" your content. so getting "likes" basically appears to raise your member level over time

for example, "I LOVE IT" above is defined as

"Content you have posted has attracted 500 likes." which would give 30 trophy points

Benm

Another thing i noticed:

When i go to the new posts, and click on something in previously contributed to, it takes me to the last page of that topic. I think it used to take me to my last post so i could easily read on what what was contributed by others beyond my last post. I'm not sure if this can be implemented but it would be nice.

I like the new Dark Theme much better... Thanks Ave.
As to the max character per posts... If it can not be
unlimited as before there will be a lot of Double
Posts in the future....

Jerry

shadowvale

Administrator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Char len was increased to 786432 a few days ago (3/4 of an MB of text). There is some bug where even if it's set to unlimited the webserver doesn't like the large POST request and 503 errors. This is being researched.