Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New person from Chicago!

Hey dudes, I am new to lasers, or at least good ones. I am here because lasers are something I am interested in but never really dwelled on. I never thought about buying goods ones, I usually end up with the stupid crappy dollar store ones that break. So I am looking for a laser. About me, I like things that most guys like. I like knives, Guns, airsofting, Lasers (hehe), and a few different sports. I really like doing outdoor things like hunting, Climbing, and camping, but my dad has arthritis so it is very hard for him to accompany me on my outdoor adventures. My latest "adventure" was my cousin and I climbed up Mount Camelback, lots of fun :cool:

So thats me, thanks in advance for all the help you will hopefully be helping me with...

DmD

Hey, Welcome to the Forum.  People on here are always willing to help out with anything that you may have problems with...especially lasers.  I see that you maybe interested in buying a laser from someone.  Check out the Buy, Sell, & Trade section of the Forum.  You might just find what you are looking for.  

Good luck, and welcome to the club

FYI: I am from Moline, IL

Hello DmD, & welcome to our little family. I'm originally from just outside of Chi-town, just across the border, in WHITING, In. ever hear of it ? If you ever need any help, feel free to ask a member, most are very willing to help out the 'NEWBIES'

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Umm, i have heard of whiting. And just so you guys know, Im not used to being "teh Newb" so thanks for all the help you guys will help me with.

I'm looking for laser buddies around Ohare intl airport (I am in Des Plaines)

Is there an official forum thread for Chicago area?

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Profile if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Thank you for the friendly welcome :)

I am so happy I didn't end up buying a Wicked Laser greenie, I was going to get their 150mw 532nm for $99.95... It sounded like an OK deal, but with so many negative ratings - I am glad I went with another vendor for my first purchase - THANK GOD!!!

Your other links were helpful as well, I need safety goggles asap! I was supposed to get 2 of them with the laser but they will arrive in a week because the Chinese New Year messed up the order a little bit.

I look forward to getting to know you and the other members, have a great day.

Jason

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Profile if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Hey dudes, I am new to lasers, or at least good ones. I am here because lasers are something I am interested in but never really dwelled on. I never thought about buying goods ones, I usually end up with the stupid crappy dollar store ones that break. So I am looking for a laser. About me, I like things that most guys like. I like knives, Guns, airsofting, Lasers (hehe), and a few different sports. I really like doing outdoor things like hunting, Climbing, and camping, but my dad has arthritis so it is very hard for him to accompany me on my outdoor adventures. My latest "adventure" was my cousin and I climbed up Mount Camelback, lots of fun :cool:

So thats me, thanks in advance for all the help you will hopefully be helping me with...

DmD

Hey Dutchman, welcome to LPF! :beer:

I am currently selling some high quality lasers for really reasonable prices since i have just started selling them and want to get my reputation out there. so you will actually get a pretty good deal..I just sold a 1.8W blue and i still have a 1.6W blue and a 700mw violet that actually has a higher power density than the 1.6 W blue so it will burn stuff better.

check them out below
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sale-new-1-8w-445nm-1-6w-445nm-700mw-405-nm-80488.html

let me know if you are interested and have any questions!

And again welcome to the forum. most people are pretty cool and helpful here. this place is a great knowledge resource!

-Mike

Oh BTW i just moved to Phoenix almost a year ago too.

Last edited:
hey! Welcome to LPF, Enjoy Your Time Here And As Always Be Safe Around Lasers :)