Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New O-Like green modules

The 200mw new style is tested with 3 volts and averages around 175mw...the old style can handle 4.2 volts which can handle a fully charged up 18650 battery so the old style should be the hotter and brighter module with this battery right after all thats a 1.2 volt increase and a reserve ma of 2200ma vs the lower ma 3.0v combination batteries. If that is the case somebody please test the old style 200mw green O-like module at 4.2 volts and use a fully charged 18650 battery to compare to the one listed for the "new" style 200m2 greemn O-like module!

ZRTMWA

The 200mw new style is tested with 3 volts and averages around 175mw...the old style can handle 4.2 volts which can handle a fully charged up 18650 battery so the old style should be the hotter and brighter module with this battery right after all thats a 1.2 volt increase and a reserve ma of 2200ma vs the lower ma 3.0v combination batteries. If that is the case somebody please test the old style 200mw green O-like module at 4.2 volts and use a fully charged 18650 battery to compare to the one listed for the "new" style 200m2 greemn O-like module!

Only a couple of people bought the old style 200mW's, sk8ter, MISTERWILLING and Dave. Look in the O-like 200mW thread. Some performed good and some performed bad. Susie said she cant guarantee it will be 180-200mW but she didn't say whether that was peak or average.

I was just curious, has anyone tried the new style module with a 3.7v rechargeable? The old style worked with them and got a bit more power with them but ive not seen anything about someone trying it with the new style module. I had one of my two 200mW modules die in 10 seconds on a cr123a primary, but the other one hit 203mW.

I don't know how my module performs in terms of mW, but I would be in heaven to know that it's actually putting out 200mW. DX module tests showed that 2.7-3.0v is ideal voltage for these modules. Don't risk ruining your very nice unit.

modules all are from factories. factories usually use almost the same mould cause it will cost more to build new mould. so the looks of the modules just look like the same, no matter they are from DX, Rayfoss, Olike or Laserlands

Hi2all,

sorry if I'm dredging up an old post, but I'm in the market for a (short) module and having had a quick look at O-Like's website, it would seem they are using different modules again (maybe it's the original again, not sure...). Specs rate this one at 3.0~4.2V... :-/

At 62mm, I think it's a touch longer then the DX with the threaded tops...