Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Nichia Blue Diode.

no its not from the striker,this is only the adapter that sanwu selling with extra 5$ with the beam expander,i just use an empty barrel to screw it on the end of my final focused beam
if i use the 3x beam expander i have lower divergence than a 7875-7675 diodes with G2 lens and that with final output of 4,5w+ of 455nm and thats why i don't have any problem to use a gball diodes as is if they got interesting specs,if the new diode can be pushed to 7+w that mean i could have nice divergence from it with 5w+ without decanning

60448d1527944625-new-nichia-blue-diode-f.jpg

edit:with expander on it look like this
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20180602_161222.jpg
    IMG_20180602_161222.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20180602_161239.jpg
    IMG_20180602_161239.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

JimK

Says nubm49 which is one up on the 48/44-A1?
The description says "Absolute Maximum Current!!!! = 5A!!!!"
Maybe not with the exclamations, but still.

Possibly as stated earlier, just a canned 44 in a bigger bin for the huge projectors.

Says nubm49 which is one up on the 48/44-A1?
The description says "Absolute Maximum Current!!!! = 5A!!!!"
Maybe not with the exclamations, but still.

Possibly as stated earlier, just a canned 44 in a bigger bin for the huge projectors.

or could be a diode in the 44 power range with a bit higher wavelengh(450nm+)

Interesting use of single aspheric lenses and three element lenses to refocus ball lens diodes. I haven't seen anyone successfully accomplish this until now. I'm out of rep at the moment, but will get back to you, deadshadow.

thanks paul :) billy i would buy this diode for testing as its not expensive but the problem is that im getting the items from china over a month later which there will be already a tests of someone else at this time.

That’s all good, I usually recieve items in 2 weeks from China, There has been other promising and interesting diodes before that as far as we know here still haven’t been purchase so unless you know someone is buying one to test, a month might be fine!

They did list only 5 left I think, This is the 10,000 lumen NEC I was thinking of Anyway! Out of our price range!

https://www.necdisplay.com/p/np-px1004ul-wh

Last edited:

DTR

No way to know for sure what diode is in this "new to us" block till one is tested properly to get some data on them as there is very little chance the ones sourcing/pulling them know anything about them either. Could be same diode as in other NUB blocks. One thing that I think is important to note the block number does not give us any indication of the diodes model number that is in them. It is a reference to full block package. Same diodes have been seen in multiple units as in the 44/47 and different diodes in the same main model number on those blocks with the secondary number being the only change noted when the diodes changed was the 71 to 81 on the 44 and T to A1 for the 47 going from the V1 to the V2 NUBM44 as we refer to them.

I do have thoughts of them being pulled from used equipment as that is a very common in China right now and the price is just not working out. There are so much misinformation on these blocks going around as it is but I can make some guesses with simple math. The price they are selling, how many diodes are used in similar units to make X amount of Lumen and the range of cost for those projectors new even if buying in bulk/wholesale. Several units with 5000 Lumen laser only light source use two NUBM05 blocks. That is 16 diodes. This had 19. What projector if they are claiming new could possibly have more than 5000 Lumen could be purchased for say $300-$500 per 5000 lumen(maybe a multiple bank projector) or so which is just an estimate based them selling for $850 after fees, shipping, markup and a buffer for the occasional loss. Here is a pretty comprehensive list of laser projectors over 5,000 lumen.

Projector Database: Projector Feature Search

to be economically feasible I am thinking based on the cheapest unit out there in the 5000 lumen range you would have to be albe to buy them for 1/5 MSRP.

They could be sourcing them some other way but I do see some grey compound on them so they do look like they were actually installed in a machine.

Based on what they are saying if they are not quoting an actual rating which I doubt they are as most diodes will do almost double their rated output when pushed(which is how they get the 20,000-30,000 hours life ratings) but the listing says it can push past 6W but does not suggest it as it overheats. Sounds similar to what the NUBM06 diode can do with a ball lens.

hi Jordan,
And thank you for the input clarifying these diodes. I t was just a matter of time for you to give the correct analysis for these diodes.
Thank you for chiming in and giving a more clearer light on the subject . Always appreciated for your words here on LPF.

Rich:)

---edited---
This 525nm could be interesting although I would like to see some new window/can diodes. They do brag about a gold color bottom, as in not sealed into a block with indium foil, yet they are tin pin, would that mean they are from the big replaceable projector blocks ?

They list diodes as BRAND NEW, NEW-OTHER, and REFURBISHED, so there seems to be some differentiation, I would expect BRAND NEW to be nothing less, these are NEW-OTHER.

>>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/TO9-Tin-Pi...91115473?epid=24010197641&hash=item3d65371bd1

Last edited:
The data sheet they are using would suggest these are like the NDG700s. I'm not a buyer.

I wish there will be 10W+ capable blue laser diode...

Hi there! I hate to be "that guy", but I wanted to mention that this thread is 7 months old since the last post before you. Speaking of that, I haven't noticed you on Laser Pointer Forums before, have you written an introduction? It would be great to know a little about you when you join.

And I think most on here would agree, I'd also love to see a rated 10+W diode, of any color really.. though that sort of output commands the highest degree of safety and care.

Since someone already necro posted I will add some info, the nubm42 and nubm49 diodes I tested both have worse divergence ( with the GBall can/lens removed ) than the nubm44 and neither puts out as much power.

However the nubm0A which can be found on ebay as nubm0AT is basically a nubm44 except 455nm with a new GBall like the nubm08 only difference is they come soldered 8 each to the new flat plate that's replaced the high security block, I have 1 running ( GBall intact ) with a 3X beam expander and it's a strong one, you can also use a backwards G2 on top of the intact GBall ( I use a threaded brass spacer made by Rich ) then what ever lens you want as if it were a primary, you lose 5% each for the GBall and backwards G2 so you lose 10% but keep the GBall intact, of course if you then use a 3 element you will lose another 25% as usual or another 5% for G2 as typical.

Lifetime17 ( Rich ) can make some couplers to use GBalls intact this way, best to get some 16mm long and some 20mm long so you can use G2 and 3 element final focus lens like this :

Price wise/power wise compared to the 44 this is not any real bargain when you add in the coupler and extra G2 lens needed but when the next Gball comes along that's putting out more than the 44 then this method may prove to be useful provided divergence is not like the 42/49, only time will tell.

nubm0A is here > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICHIA-NUB...ash=item3d7077c9f7:g:kqkAAOSwUPZbO1Z8:rk:1🇵🇫0

and also here > http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=589

Last edited:
Price wise compared to the 44 this is not any real bargain when you add in the coupler and extra G2 lens needed but when the next Gball comes along that's putting out more than the 44 then this method may prove to be useful provided divergence is not like the 42/49, only time will tell.

That extra 5nm to 455nm would be worth the additional price to me.. along with what I think is a prettier shade of blue, it's also 7% brighter than 450nm for a given output power.

Yes 455nm makes a very pretty to look at beam color, much nicer than 445nm and I even like it better than 465-470nm because the sky blue color loses something, yes it's brighter per watt to our eye but it looks too " light weight " it's as if it lacks that full bodied mystic deep soul that 455nm has that I really like.........it's like the 525nm 1w beam vs. the 520nm 1w beam, I like the deeper emerald green of the 520nm better even though the 525nm will be a little more visible per watt........however 488-492nm is really extra nice, possibly because we haven't had it until recently, if all wavelengths were available and affordable at any power level you wanted I think that some of the deeper colors might be the more desirable ones, I still love a deep 660nm red and would love to have a nice tight round 25 watt beam of it, maybe even 665-670nm.

Last edited: