Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New member saying hello!

Hello everyone! I just joined last night, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Josh, I am 36 years old, and live in Alabama. Married 7 years, have a 1 year old daughter. Attending the University of South Alabama, just got accepted into their Radiologic Sciences program, super hyped to start that!
I have a fair electronic background, built a few desktop computers, and I can usually get something to work if I take it apart and put it back together. I even manage to have "spare parts" left only rarely.:yh:
As for laser experience, I am as new to lasers as I am to this forum, just getting started, eager to learn the basics. I have 4 handheld lasers so far, 1 green pen, 2 blue pens, and a green 301. Chinese stuff, but a great inexpensive way to get started I suppose.
This forum is truly amazing though! It is great to see the community you all have built, and I hope to be an asset in continuing that growth.
I hope I covered all the "FNG" basics, if I missed anything and someone is curious, just ask, I'm not shy! :D

Gabe

I like your name, makes me want to change my name to Albino Rhino

APEX1

Nice intro, but if you have two accounts you should talk to coldshadow or another mod cause they will ban you for it. Just like green said lol

Nonono! I don't have two accounts, just saying I have used both VanillahGorilla and AlbinoRhino as screen names in the past. This is definitely the only account I have on this forum lol! I suppose I should have made that clearer.

Last edited:

Nute

Finally someone on here from my city that I'm not related too! Welcome aboard!

Hi VG,
Welcome here is a multitude of wonderful people and information at hand.so you have a few lasers already that's great. Maybe one day you will want to build your own and you just entered the greatest laser forum on earth. But be warned once you build one you will no doubt be addicted. What a wonderful introduction of yourself kudos to you buddy. By the way read the stickies there here for a reason if you already did that's all well and good.
Glad to have you and good luck be safe enjoy this fantastic hobby it's awesome.
:))

Welcome, Nice intro. Start with safety glasses. And the biggest thing that helped me when I just started using the forum was when someone told me not to use the search bar on the top of the forum. Use the search bar on the bottom of the page. Far more results. Have fun!

Last edited:

APEX1

Nonono! I don't have two accounts, just saying I have used both VanillahGorilla and AlbinoRhino as screen names in the past. This is definitely the only account I have on this forum lol! I suppose I should have made that clearer.

All good. If you ever need some help or have questions feel free to send me a pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to learning from you all, and interacting in the forum. I'm mainly learning the ropes atm, both with the lasers and the forum. Thanks again! you all know how to make a guy feel welcome :yh:

Welcome to the forum and the great world of lasers. Nice user name :)
When you get a strong laser you won't have to use flammable liquids to start a fire(your avatar) just use your high powered laser but safely and of course wearing your laser goggles!!
Have fun and be safe.