Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New member saying hello!

Welcome,

What are you looking for on here? Maybe someone can help

Usually we get the "I want to build a death ray, blow up stuff and blind bunnies" kind of start.

You didn't give any reason for joining, nice to see you have an interest in lasers though :)

Your wish has been granted :eg:
Firelaserstart.gif

Please note that I don't support of actually doing this!

Last edited:
Well it's not quite alien material but it'll do. btw thanks to alaskan I'm now into aliens :crackup: Or the theme rather

The truth is out there. One day you will edit the word "don't" out of your avatar.

Hello VanillahGorilla, welcome to LPF.

Alan

Welcome,

What are you looking for on here? Maybe someone can help

Usually we get the "I want to build a death ray, blow up stuff and blind bunnies" kind of start.

You didn't give any reason for joining, nice to see you have an interest in lasers though :)

Icecruncher, I suppose I did totally miss that part of my intro :thinking:
Ok, let's see: well first, laters are freakin awesome :D
I have always been fascinated by lasers, and just recently became interested in just how they work. My very first exposure to the homemade side of it was a Youtube video I'm sure you are all familiar with. You know, the one where the guy sticks a diode in the end of a minimag light? Well I never tried that, but it got my attention. What led me here was two recent things. I came across Styropyro's Youtube video, the "40W laser shotgun", and I was floored!:drool: Coolest thing I have seen in a long time! I watched a few more of Styropyro's vids, seeing how to build some of this stuff at home. Then I searched on EBay, looking for a place to start. I came across DTR, who has a link to this forum on his EBay page. And the rest is history! :yh:
As for what I'm looking for, or what I want to learn, that is both incredibly easy and difficult. You see, I want to learn everything! I would like to be able to assemble a driver, make a working laser, etc. I really just want to be able to envision it, then create it, regardless of what "it" is. This forum is a wealth of information, and I'm trying to absorb it all.