Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New laser power meters on ebay

Dot

If you Google "laser power meter" on ebay, this is what shows up for $100. Anyone have experience with one? Are they legit?...

Capture.PNG

Mini Laser Power Meter Pocket Size Measuring Wavelength 390nm-1024nm

Features:

- Measurement Objects: hand-held laser, high-power laser pens, laser pointer, laser single tube and module
- Measuring Wavelength Range: 390nm-1024nm
- Range: 0-10.999W
- Probe Effective Range: 13mm Diameter
- Saturation Time: 5-15 seconds
- Measuring Accuracy: ±3%
- Resolution: 1mW
- Power Supply: Rechargeable. It can be charged via ordinary 5V 1A mobile phone charging head. LED light will turn on when it is charging.
- Standby Time: Over 6 Hours

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Get a laserbee or an ophir (if you can find one at a reasonable cost). These are sort of useful in giving relative power between lasers, but not particularly accurate for measurements of absolute power.

are you selling these??
new members often make an 'intro' thread in the 'newcomers' section.
we like to know everyone better-and other interests--seems that drones are very popular. I go by hak or len-about an hour south of houston.. welcome to LPF we always need new members!!

Dot

are you selling these??
new members often make an 'intro' thread in the 'newcomers' section.
we like to know everyone better-and other interests--seems that drones are very popular. I go by hak or len-about an hour south of houston.. welcome to LPF we always need new members!!
No, I'm not selling these. I was contemplating buying one to test out some lasers I have. Thanks for the intro Hak. I live in Seattle, and my other interest is amateur radio. I chat with folks in Houston frequently via HF bands. cheers :)

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
No, I'm not selling these. I was contemplating buying one to test out some lasers I have. Thanks for the intro Hak. I live in Seattle, and my other interest is amateur radio. I chat with folks in Houston frequently via HF bands. cheers :)
I got my first HAM license when I was 13 but these days I prefer 3 meters. 🏴‍☠️

Dot

I got my first HAM license when I was 13 but these days I prefer 3 meters. 🏴‍☠️
Do you still have your call sign? Either way, if you're talking 3 meters, I'm sold. lol.
My question is, I've noticed that folks list a set of lasers in their signature lines. I'm assuming that's everyone's collection. Is it customary for members to do that?

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
-.- .- --... . --. -.-

A list of our lasers in our sig' is by no means required. We just like to brag on our toys.

You're in Seattle. I'm in north Tacoma. Just about 20 miles from you. I wouldn't waste money on that meter as it is far from the accuracy they claim. The Laserbee are good meters or, as has already been said, an Ophir is better, but spendy these days.

73 DE KL7FB

kecked

73 DE kb8qhj. I didn’t know 3M was available in the usa. I’ve barely used 60m. Mostly 20m these days

Dot

73 DE kb8qhj. I didn’t know 3M was available in the usa. I’ve barely used 60m. Mostly 20m these days
It isn't available for hams. It's slang for regular broadcast stations, as in that's what he's listening to these days.

Last edited:
If you Google "laser power meter" on ebay, this is what shows up for $100. Anyone have experience with one? Are they legit?...

View attachment 70412

Mini Laser Power Meter Pocket Size Measuring Wavelength 390nm-1024nm

Features:

- Measurement Objects: hand-held laser, high-power laser pens, laser pointer, laser single tube and module
- Measuring Wavelength Range: 390nm-1024nm
- Range: 0-10.999W
- Probe Effective Range: 13mm Diameter
- Saturation Time: 5-15 seconds
- Measuring Accuracy: ±3%
- Resolution: 1mW
- Power Supply: Rechargeable. It can be charged via ordinary 5V 1A mobile phone charging head. LED light will turn on when it is charging.
- Standby Time: Over 6 Hours
Here's a review of that LPM on eBay.

https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/review-of-the-new-15w-lpm-from-lps.101715/#post1502878

BTW.. LPF Members get a 10% discount on any
LaserBee Laser Power Meter product.

And as was stated above a professional OPHIR
LPM would be great if you can find a good deal.

Jerry

Last edited: