Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Hosts In Construction

Encap

What is sticking out of the flashlights and why are they covered in tar? What's going on here?

Presumably they are 12mm diode modules sticking out of the flashlights and melted plastic is the black stuff holding the together :crackup:

3D calls those 2 pathetic disasters "The Elegant Robust & Marine Shooter"?

Has to be kidding, playing a joke on us with those kindergarten mud pie level "masterpieces"

Last edited:

They are pretty bad. You'd think he might do a simple search to see how laser pointers are really put together. These sure aren't examples.

Hi,
I remember before i started machine items by modding an XM900 light with copper washers to take up the diameter so the sink would fit snug and grounded. Adapt and modify.

Rich;)

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1815.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: GSS

Encap

They are pretty bad. You'd think he might do a simple search to see how laser pointers are really put together. These sure aren't examples.

Well he has been a member since February 2017 and seeing and reading about hand held lasers and laser assemblies----about 7 months.

The only other explanation I can think of is that they are "Art" of some kind, maybe and not meant to be anything too functional or well built lasers--either that or just defective perception coupled with almost no capability

Last edited:
If that's the case, then it's true......one man's trash is another man's treasure. Because to me this is no object d art.

They look like he just put a nickel plated brass module in a flashlight and melted plastic around it to hold it in place.

Wow after so much effort (for me who are still at the beginning) I think I did a decent job! now I finally have a laser pointer done!

What do you think ?

ddcih3.jpg

mm78uo.jpg

2s84a5z.jpg

2egclkn.jpg

Was this post "dden" not copied?
It only took the initial one where there were those that I "glued" with black hot glue suitable for metals!

Anyway thanks to all those gentlemen who have expressed their opinion on my work! always very "polite" .... and do not add anything else!

There is a difference between Men and Men, the only one you save in your midst is Richard!

No, I'm not 10 or 14, I'm still in the bands and I drink breast milk

It will mean that from this moment on, I will comment on every post in my own way!
With the same grip and with the same spirit you use

No, I'm not 10 or 14, I'm still in the bands and I drink breast milk

It will mean that from this moment on, I will comment on every post in my own way!
With the same grip and with the same spirit you use

Just a Heads-Up....
Not a good idea...:whistle:

Jerry

Because is not a good idea Jerry ?

What's the problem?

I accept replies to my posts, but when they are done with that thin veil of arrogance and contempt, I'm not there!​

I honestly tried to help another member
a while back and he pi$$ed on my boots
for the effort...

Seems that you have the same qualities....
Hmmmmm.......:undecided:

Jerry

That same guy had a member mill something for him and never paid for it, work and material gone to waste.

What the hell is this thread, new hosts in construction, I don't see any hosts, this must be a joke, A simple 20mm alloy bar with a 12mm hole threw would be a simple host in construction, This is terrible honestly, Sorry!