Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW Group buy for Sony 16X dvd burner diodes...

ericab

Re: NEW Group buy for Sony 16X dvd burner diodes..

Codeman;

As SenKat says in his original thread;

SenKat said:
Pay-pal funds can be sent to : Stonergl@gmail.com. Make sure you list your forum name in the comments section, and it helps if you put in the subject line, " for 16x dvd diodes" or something similiar.

Corim --

A "soldering GUN" may be overkill for these diodes. They are about the size of a dried pea with three little legs. Be sure to heve metering and current control set up as described on other posts here. You will be rewarded with a red torch !!
My first project outs 200 mW easy.

Mike

lol I have a soldering tool lol only 15 watts. Not that stupid. Are the other parts realatively cheap to ascertain from like Radio Shack? I would like a parts list lol. I am going to be kind of newbie for a while but I will catch on soon I am only 13.

Corim--
There are several postings with RS parts lists and step by step instructions here. There's a pool of info here if you look.

Mike

Things

corim- i'm only 13 too!!! :D hey senkat, check you PM's ;) i hope i don't screw it up :-/

Heloo. I new here, discovered it while looking at an instructable for a dvd burner LD maglite. ~~~. instructables. ``` /id/EWM4YR2F4WY1LQ2 (not mine btw; remove spaces and replace ~~~ with www, ``` .com)
anyway, this sounds great. problem is, im in australia. :( $14.50 US is 17.5270 AUD as of now. and... i just read teh bit that says it includes airmail anywhere. :D kk then, i will paypal you for one as soon as i get some money.
ps. this is a great site, btw.
pps. can anyone recommend a good housing for the ld? i was gonna go 4 an aixiz
ppps. im only 15, many young people into lasers but still intelligent enough to be responsible.
pppps. (this is getting ridiculus) driver circuitry... anyone know of good adjustable board? / idea / homebuildable design?
i will try and put together an idea myself. i do electronic stuff.
kk start again
ps. not to be rude or anything, but can i suggest a better logo for teh board? see attachment
mmm, burning... [smiley=evil.gif]

Attachments

• laserpointerforums_com.jpg
    laserpointerforums_com.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 65

Daedal

Welcome to LPF BlueFusion. Glad you enjoy it and like it over here. I'm sure this would be one of the best lasers you have seen in a while if you haven't had any high-power reds before. ;)

The AixiZ module is actually the recommended module to place the diode in.

We all hope that you will be responsible with this laser as it IS blinding and very harmful. Common sense as well as all applications of extreme caution are and should be enforced.

As about the drive circuitry... please refer to my guide here.

GL and keep us posted;
DDL

Thx for driver circuitry. Ive just drawn myself a diag of that on a 5x1 hole solder board (like that proto board) and i will post it once ive done it on comp. (Thats like 50mm x 15 mm btw, small enough for a small tube case)
and yes, i am responsible enough to have one, not gonna point it at anything alive. thats the usual recommendation isnt it?

k here it is.
you may be able to do it with one less trace, if you can mount the pot over the adj lead of the chip. they come in surface mount packages (the LM317) so this could be as small as 40mm x 15mm x 5-10mm. Very good for mounting in tiny cases, like professionally built ones.
EDIT: Shoud be able to paypal you sometime next week, SenKat. Depends how long the bank transfer takes.

Attachments

• ld_driver_diag.GIF
    ld_driver_diag.GIF
    3 KB · Views: 82

Awesome. I thought there would be some somewhere lol. I am going to go with an axiz model that is $12 and this plus a few cheap Radio Shack parts.So about $30-$35 is not bad for an extreme laser. Thanks for all your help and I hope to order this soon.

Deezul

put me down for 1.....hows this work. DO we pay now? do we wait till theres 100?

xgeek

You have to pay upfront:-
Pay-pal funds can be sent to : Stonergl@gmail.com.  Make sure you list your forum name in the comments section, and it helps if you put in the subject line, " for 16x dvd diodes" or something similiar

ponzo

Payment done, please put me down for two, thanx a lot!

Put me down for 1 - payment sent!

--bsiegel

BlueFusion, I to am from AUS (QLD to be specific) and am 15, I like your design I think I might try it I am hopeless at putting schematics onto proto boards, I can do the schematics fine but my brain wont let me use proto's