Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New From Vancouver

Hi,

New forum member here, I live in Vancouver and am setting off on a couple laser builds. I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but never had the time, I still don't, but I'm going for it anyhow.

I have acquired the necessities to create a ~200mW 650nm, and a ~20mW 405nm from Aixiz. Just need some interesting hosts. I dont think I'm going to go for the standard flashlight style, but we will see what presents itself.

Hakzaw1 sent me here to learn, so that's what I'm doing. The information on this forum is amazing and diverse, takes a bit to dig to what you need, but I've found that it's all here if you have the patience to look for it.

looking forward to posting pics and progress once I get started.

thats me.

ok back to reading.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

ARG

Welcome! I'm from the lower mainland as well! :)

Glad to see another lower mainlander here!

Welcome!
I love Vancouver, I have been there several times and actually had one of the worst hangovers I have ever had while I was there.

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to get some Laser Safety Glasses, and the search function here can be your best friend....Vancouver? Geezz I haven't been there in years, nice area though.

Nice greetz gents!!

We will have Jimmy totally addicted in no time--MMuuuhhaahhhaa.
mmmm VancouverLEM???

i hear the coffee there is pretty good....

hehe, wow, thanks for the great reception guys!

this is a super cool community. I can't wait to show off my build. and check out more of what others are making.

as an aside, My father in law and I have built a 10' x 5', 3 axis CNC machine, I've been making art and signage and a few other projects with it. Its not much use to the tiny objects that are made/ needed for laser applications, but I'm open to suggestions and collaboration.

as an aside, My father in law and I have built a 10' x 5', 3 axis CNC machine, I've been making art and signage and a few other projects with it. Its not much use to the tiny objects that are made/ needed for laser applications, but I'm open to suggestions and collaboration.

You will find several vets here that are into CNC-
MRWILLING-pontacg5, Things(I think) Moh- qumefox and more- great vets.

enjoy the forums..len