Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW DIODES 4.5w "N450"(nm) and 1w "N520"(nm) +...

N450.jpg

Was referring to the 465nm one :p

Yep it has much better divergence than the NUBM44 but it is not very stable at 5A. I would not push past 4A. About 4.5A it starts dropping like a stone in power even in the large 20mm module used in the testing.
How much better, Do you have any pictures of the spot shape with one of your great G-2 lenses ?

These both are using one of your G-2 lens ? because the output with my 44 with one of your G-2 lenses is a thinner, wider line ?

N450%20Vs%20NUBM44.JPG

Mine is much more like this but not quite as thin but close.....

RkV7zyX.jpg

Last edited:
^ Depends on the distance to the beam profile and the camera, too.

Last edited:
These both are using one of your G-2 lens ? because the output with my 44 with one of your G-2 lenses is a thinner, wider line ?

N450%20Vs%20NUBM44.JPG

RkV7zyX.jpg

Have you LPMd your 44 lately, it doesn't look very powerful in that pic anyway, probably lot of light in the room also!

Have you LPMd your 44 lately, it doesn't look very powerful in that pic anyway, probably lot of light in the room also!
That's not mine "Mine is much more like this but not quite as thin but close....."

My 44 is a monster, It did this to a shelf in just a few seconds from arcoss the room......

My camera sucks and so far this is the kind of pictures it takes....

With Fast Axis Correction....

Without....

Up closer with Fast Axis Correction....

Up closer without....

Last edited:
Yeah nice,
With this new diodes better diversion the 6x cylindricals will work very nicely,

Can't wait! I hope the 465 also is tighter beem, The NUBM42 will be interesting also!

DTR

RkV7zyX.jpg

Both with G-2. Your picture is probably further away. This was about 8 feet.
It was a quick test did not spend the time to have them perfectly collimated but the width is what I was highlighting.:beer:

Both with G-2. Your picture is probably further away. This was about 8 feet.
It was a quick test did not spend the time to have them perfectly collimated but the width is what I was highlighting.:beer:
Aw I see, To look anything like that thin line mine must be perfectly focused and quite a ways back.......

how is the divergence of those diodes compared to an ndb7875?i was a real fun of those kind of diodes because they had nice power (2.5-3w) and the divergence is nothing like a line.ofc i like the older diodes too like the m140 etc but the 7875 was the sweet spot i guess :)