Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW DIODES 4.5w "N450"(nm) and 1w "N520"(nm) +...

BobMc

I use similar pages as templates for new ones to make it quicker to get them formatted right instead of building them from scratch.:beer:

:thanks: for coming out with three diodes that I want all at once. ( n520, n450, n465 ) Now I'm back on Mac&Cheese. :tinfoil:

Where's Lifetime, I need some more heat sinks. :D

Last edited:
:thanks: for coming out with three diodes that I want all at once. ( n520, n450, n465 ) Now I'm back on Mac&Cheese. :tinfoil:

Where's Lifetime, I need some more heat sinks. :D

This suspense is had me glued to a 6X6 foot vicinity of my computer throughout the day. I just noticed the N465 addition, taking the curiosity I already had and multiplying it. The price point and the simultaneous hefty drop in price of the NUBM07E has me thinking that the N465 will render NUBM07E a notch down on the pole.

Last edited:

BobMc

This suspense is had me glued to a 6X6 foot vicinity of my computer throughout the day. I just noticed the N465 addition, taking the curiosity I already had and multiplying it. The price point and the simultaneous hefty drop in price of the NUBM07E has me thinking that the N465 will render NUBM07E a notch down on the pole.
It's posiable the n465 might make the 07 obsolete. But seeing how the price is lower now it might sell pretty good. :thinking:

I have two 07's one with a gball and one without. Looking forward to building the n465 and comparing it to my 07 builds. Should be interesting. Will post my results. :)

Last edited:
42 looks like 08 by another name, I have been buying 06's for 30 dollars a pop at auction, don't know what I'm going to do with them.
Big blue flashlight?

Nice to see the new diodes on DTR's website. I'll have to look there more often than I have been lately.

Reactions: GSS
am always on DTR'S page lol :D
my empty hosts will be full aww cant wait to get the new 465nm!!!
when i saw the diodes on the page i was quite hhihihihi

Last edited:
Whoaaa Jordan fill me in the list of interested ppl about the N465 :drool:

Awaiting tests and more information soon!!

the graph of the new 450nm shows that the new diode can do around 5A 6.8W and it has better divergence than the nubm44.personally i always prefer better divergence over power so this diode looks promising

GSS

the graph of the new 450nm shows that the new diode can do around 5A 6.8W and it has better divergence than the nubm44.personally i always prefer better divergence over power so this diode looks promising
I couldn't think of anyone better than RedC to put one of these through a torture test:whistle:
What is the red graph bar on Dtr's test graph?:eek:

Thanks @DeadS, should of looked a bit longer, as for a sec I thought he was comparing another diode:whistle:

Last edited:

DTR

I couldn't think of anyone better than RedC to put one of these through a torture test:whistle:
What is the red graph bar on Dtr's test graph?:eek:

Thanks @DeadS, should of looked a bit longer, as for a sec I thought he was comparing another diode:whistle:

Yep it has much better divergence than the NUBM44 but it is not very stable at 5A. I would not push past 4A. About 4.5A it starts dropping like a stone in power even in the large 20mm module used in the testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Yep it has much better divergence than the NUBM44 but it is not very stable at 5A. I would not push past 4A. About 4.5A it starts dropping like a stone in power even in the large 20mm module used in the testing.

Jordan!
We want teeestssss heheheh

Try to do a graph from 0 to 5000ma if possible :D

Good luck!

DTR

Jordan!
We want teeestssss heheheh

Try to do a graph from 0 to 5000ma if possible :D

Good luck!

N450.jpg