Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW DIODES 4.5w "N450"(nm) and 1w "N520"(nm) +...

Does anyone have any information on these diodes? I was ordering a NDB7675 at DTR's place when I saw these new diodes he has put up

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/n450-4-5w-450nm-laser-diode

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/n520-520nm-laser-diodes

but other than power tests I don't see beam characteristics, spectro readings or any other statp0rn.

****And the +.... check out the new price for NUBM07E's!!!****

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/nubm07e-465nm-laser-diode

HELL F#(KING YEAH!!!!

Last edited:

BobMc

Re: New Diodes 4.5W "N450"(nm) and 1W "N520"(nm) +...

Thanks for the heads up on the new diode(s). Will have to look into them. :thanks:

And welcome to the forum. :)

Edit, plus reps :)

Last edited:

Thanks for the heads up on the new diode(s). Will have to look into them. :thanks:

And welcome to the forum. :)

Bob,

The OP's been on LPF since June of 2015 :D

-Alex

BobMc

Bob,

The OP's been on LPF since June of 2015 :D

-Alex

Ooops, I'm a day late and a dollar short. :).

I only looked at his zero reps and 14 posts, senior moment ( love playing that card )

Am curious thought why DTR has a 450mn diode listed as ( green ) ?
See the n450, the testing shows it blueish ? ( maybe I'm not the only one that needs to play that card? :crackup: :))

Edit, sorry Jordan ( just kidding) we know your not old yet ( but your working on it ). :)

Edit again, I'm guessing I better stop when I'm ahead or DTR will double the price of my diodes next time I buy some. Oooops , open mouth insert foot :)

Edit for the third time; I have even a better excuse; lack of coffee, haven't had any this morning, yep that's what it is. :D

Last edited:

Ooops, I'm a day late and a dollar short. :).

I only looked at his zero reps and 14 posts, senior moment ( love playing that card )

Am curious thought why DTR has a 450mn diode listed as ( green ) ?
See the n450, the testing shows it blueish ? ( maybe I'm not the only one that needs to play that card? :crackup: :))

Until lately I had mostly lurked on this board and used it for it's incredible trove of resources... literally hundreds if not thousands of hours spent learning power supply construction with LM317's, specs of just about everything you can imagine, diode limits, pictures of delightful builds, and on and on.

I already emailed Jordan about the typo ;-)

BobMc

Until lately I had mostly lurked on this board and used it for it's incredible trove of resources... literally hundreds if not thousands of hours spent learning power supply construction with LM317's, specs of just about everything you can imagine, diode limits, pictures of delightful builds, and on and on.

I already emailed Jordan about the typo ;-)

Well it was a great post. Hope to hear from you in the future. Post some pics of your builds, always love to check out other people's builds? Enjoy

I figured it was a typo, just giving him some jass :)

Last edited:
Both of the new green diodes seem to have the wrong test pictures up, they are the same as the NUGM01T's.

DTR

I think it was a brain fart. :D

I use similar pages as templates for new ones to make it quicker to get them formatted right instead of building them from scratch.:beer:

BobMc

I use similar pages as templates for new ones to make it quicker to get them formatted right instead of building them from scratch.:beer:

Yea,yea,yea, it's the same excuse I would have used. :D

Last edited:
Very interesting, it looks like MAYBE someone has retrofitted cans in place of GBalls, BUT, and I say BUT this is just a theory and if my theory is correct then as long as the inert gas backfill is there then it's good news.

I have so many questions and reasoning's I could type paragraphs, but I won't, I will be happy to have a 470nm ish diode that lasts and can be corrected and that is all that matters.

Last edited:

Ricker

Awesome! I'm excited for another 1w green! And the picture looks tinned, which means, you know. ;):whistle: Now I'm curious as to which mothership the diodes rode in! :D :anyone::beer:

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Very interesting, it looks like MAYBE someone has retrofitted cans in place of GBalls, BUT, and I say BUT this is just a theory and if my theory is correct then as long as the inert gas backfill is there then it's good news.

I have so many questions and reasoning's I could type paragraphs, but I won't, I will be happy to have a 470nm ish diode that lasts and can be corrected and that is all that matters.
So these 3 new one's are 9mm diodes?