Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New company for greenies 5~50mW (buyincoins.com)

Grix

mmmm... i've never seen so low prices.... ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. free shipping? i think cosr more ship this laser that the laser itself XD how can they have so low price? i am starting to think that they pay a laser about 1 to 4 $ XD

It probably costs less than $1 a piece to mass-produce a 5mW greenie, also they do container shipping, very cheap per item

Last edited:

My latest order just changed status from "Processing" to "Shipped" with tracking number. :)

mmmh dealextreme should soldat less price their laser... did you notice that the price on DX for lasers are blocked by about 3 or more months? generaly it went low every 3 week or so XD.

if someone can do a price match on dx.. maybe we will have this lower price also in DX .. and conseguentrly in EVERY internet chinese shop like qualitychinagoods or focalprice. however i noticed qualitychina... has too high prices......

0.62-0.72 mRad ??
Thats sounds IMPOSSIBLE to me because the top-of-the-notch rpl lasers have 0.9-1.3 mRad
Anyway for this price these are worth their money, up to spec, or not!

mmmh dealextreme should soldat less price their laser... did you notice that the price on DX for lasers are blocked by about 3 or more months? generaly it went low every 3 week or so XD.

if someone can do a price match on dx.. maybe we will have this lower price also in DX .. and conseguentrly in EVERY internet chinese shop like qualitychinagoods or focalprice. however i noticed qualitychina... has too high prices......

Price matches will be great, DX should lower those prices :D:D

0.62-0.72 mRad ??
Thats sounds IMPOSSIBLE to me because the top-of-the-notch rpl lasers have 0.9-1.3 mRad
Anyway for this price these are worth their money, up to spec, or not!

Please use my measured values to calculate a proper mRad. I used the web based calculator as I don't know the formula.

I've bought a green laser on the streets in Shanghai (they're selling them at every corner), and divergence seems to be better than 1mrad as well. It looks little worse than my red, which is about 0.5mrad (measured over 45m/150ft). I've done no measurements yet, however. Note, using a mirror to increase beam distance is valid only if it's an optical quality flat first-surface mirror. There are other quality considerations than just divergence for a laser beam, like bandwidth or coherence length or exit diameter. Possibly the RPL beam divergence can be improved just by expanding the beam to a few mm diameter.

As for prices, I don't know for how much they're buying them (if they do buy them from suppliers - I think they'll rather be working by some commission model), but it's quite sure that the profit these companies are making per laser is on the order of cents. It's all done by huge volume and dirt-cheap human labor.

Last edited:
Aaaargh - WHY do you guys always keep finding these potential "deals" ?!? Just ordered 8 of the "50mW" - LPM results in a couple of weeks when they arrive!

Aaaargh - WHY do you guys always keep finding these potential "deals" ?!? Just ordered 8 of the "50mW" - LPM results in a couple of weeks when they arrive!

Nice! Can't wait... are these gonna be your new harvested SXD modules :p?

i browsed EVERY categories of the website.. mmh.. good prices. almost incredible prices..... the new dealextreme?the 1st competitive clone

This hobby is getting 'spensive!!! Darn, another cool deals place... although their selection is nowhere near as big as DX, they do have incredible deals. I think i'll deplete the rest of my Paypal account at that place. AlthoughI was thinking of getting one of those cool labbys from DX.
- Robert

The way I see it, for under $12 I'll settle for 30-40mW ...

Hey Niko - SZWholesale is now carrying complete SXD lasers (lower powered, though) - I sent Emily an Email to have her see again if the modules themselves are available on a special-order basis. Check out the complete (ugly as sin) lasers HERE.