Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Banner for Stonetek ! NEW DEADLINE !!

Re: New Banner for Stonetek !

Mine is 800 X 200, I don't think it's that problematic...

But if you prefer it like that SenKat_StoneTek, I cut it to 728 by 90 :

stonetekbanneronangle72.jpg

Last edited:

Mine is 800 X 200, I don't think it's that problematic...

But if you prefer it like that SenKat_StoneTek, I cut it to 728 by 90 :

stonetekbanneronangle72.jpg

It's not me who decides, but the size is 728x90, unless you want him paying triple of what everybody else pays to display the banner up top :p

Not that I don't believe you Niko but could I have some clarification form Senkat Stonetek?

Asherz

Niko I think your wrong, after reading his post no where does Senkat state he's going to be advertising on the forum... I believe the banner is simply for use on his own website and he is not bothered too much by the size as long as it is with in reason.

Since it is being used on his website there is no particular size the header image has to be, it is different and unique to each website.

Everyone is correct - how's THAT for an answer ? I think c0ld is still going to have a banner of mine somewhere on the site (I'll email him to verify) but the MAIN reason is for my store, so if I need it resized, I'll make the winner re-size it for me :) BUT - I think that in general terms, Niko is correct as to the naming and size of a "normal" banner. But again, to clarify - size is unimportant...legibility, and style will win :) Thanks !

Guys, I'm sorry if I made the wrong impression here: I was not trying to prove you "wrong", I was trying to help you; the reason behind it was that if you create the banners with any size then, if being chosen as winner, you'd have to resize it to the standarized size. I remember StoneTek's banner's being a full banner (half a leaderboard) but since he asked for a new design I assumed he wanted to go big with this one.

If he wants a full banner then the size should be 468x60px.

Asherz, if he said "banner" then the sizes are only so much as the standard sizes.

But then again, do as you wish, I was just trying to help.

SenKat, could you please clarify whether you'd like a full banner or a leaderboard?
We could just make a leaderboard and resize it to a full banner if you want, but everybody just keep in mind that if you make it full banner size, trying to stretch the image will make it lose quality.

Well I made two banners, a full 800 X 200 and a trimmed 728 X 90.

I recommend to post a trimmed leaderboard and a full. That should cover most needs.

Guys, I'm sorry if I made the wrong impression here: I was not trying to prove you "wrong", I was trying to help you; the reason behind it was that if you create the banners with any size then, if being chosen as winner, you'd have to resize it to the standarized size. I remember StoneTek's banner's being a full banner (half a leaderboard) but since he asked for a new design I assumed he wanted to go big with this one.

If he wants a full banner then the size should be 468x60px.

Asherz, if he said "banner" then the sizes are only so much as the standard sizes.

But then again, do as you wish, I was just trying to help.

SenKat, could you please clarify whether you'd like a full banner or a leaderboard?
We could just make a leaderboard and resize it to a full banner if you want, but everybody just keep in mind that if you make it full banner size, trying to stretch the image will make it lose quality.

As Niko OBVIOUSLY knows what I want better than I do - (NOT sarcastic !) Let's stick with the FULL LEADERBOARD SIZE of 728X90. I'm with Niko 100% on that (and PLEASE, someone look and see if I have EVER agreed with Niko previously ! :) ) It would be much easier, and neater to SHRINK an image to fit, rather than stretch it out, and ruin it. Thanks, I will update the first post with this info as well - sorry for the confusion...when I said that Niko knows better than me, I was NOT joking ! I figured, ask for new banner, offer stuff, finish ! Viola ! Nope - folks gotta use their brains on this one, and I will step back and allow those qualified to do so (self flagellation, anyone ?). Thanks again, Niko for catching this !!

I've already made 2 that are 728x90. =]

It's definitely a no brainer :D

Well this seems like a fun project while waiting for my lasers. Well i think i too will go the 3d route, Yay 3ds max 2010! Does the site have a slogan or is it just a name? Would you like one or should we just make one up? Any preference on how long the animation should be? i was thinking under 10 sec, close to about 7.5. Do you have any epileptic people seeing you sight? would not want to cause any problems.....

K I have finished mine. I am not going to make another one since I have no more free time, at all. Thanks for this contest Senkat, I learned some photoshop by the chance :D Good luck to all who participate :)
stoneq.jpg

Last edited:

Asherz

My bad :) Didn't realise it was gonna be used on LPF as well.