Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 488 nM

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
what ever it is it looks awesome mike!!

488nm rocks

I got my $10 spyro mounted tonight with magnets from DVD drives!  Easy to allign now.

Mike

Attachments

• Spyro5.jpg
    Spyro5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 174

Lee

Hemlock Mike said:
I used smoke but couldn't get the camera to understand.  Maybe a longer exposure??
Mike

You express my exact sentiments. I can't even get my camera to do a proper macro. Really cool laser though.

beam shots are easy, but you have to make sure that both the camera and laser are perfectly still, then set your exposure time to a few seconds and bingo - laser beamshot

Attachments

• beam.JPG
    beam.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 323
I get in too big a hurry for the photos. I will try to make a time exposure next.
Thanks -- Mike

Looks real good Mike! Glad to see you have fun with the toy projo! I was at spencers, they still have them only $15 now! Great pics! -Glenn

I see you are having a lot of fun with your new toy. Anyway, what i use for most of the bean shots is a few sticks of nag champa incense, and use lighting in front of the beam with the flash off. I got another small argon btw. This one's multiline :cool:

Attachments

• ArML_beam1.JPG
    ArML_beam1.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 268
There you go guys !! A multiline ArIon laser. ;D
Chris -- This is working good -- I like the idle feature of the controler. Makes adjustment easy then power at the push of a button.

Snowed a picture of this to a friend -- He thought it was a sump pump ::)

Mike

PS -- Good to see you here on LPF. Welcome back

Caffine --
Better plan a whole day -- I think Chris has more stuff than can be appreciated in a couple hours!
Mike

Scopeguy --

You are right !! The red spyro is the one you sent me which I put a new laser into. The one on the 488, I got from Spencer Gifts. Took out that POS laser and put in a FS mirror --

You have a good memory ;D

Mike

Now he (Chris, aka heruursciences) has more stuff to drool over on ebay! BTW, I bought from him some pretty high tech filters, Great deal! shipped really really fast, he gets an AAAAA+++++ seller rating from me!

SG --
I removed all the circuitry from tahe spyro and mounted in a RS box.. The motor/mirror housing is connected by a 6' cord and I can now sit back and spyro 488 from my chair !!
I can't wait for summer......

Mike