Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 473 diode Led Lenser mod

Ok guys
The Led Lenser has been rebuilt with another awesome 473 diode this time it's at 250ma
Same Xboost mini and it's outputting just over 120mw, I have a feeling this one is going to be much happier, but who knows I'll keep you all informed.

Attachments

• G1veQkE.jpg
    G1veQkE.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 52
  • HoElxaL.jpg
    HoElxaL.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 46
  • XvLjcyO.jpg
    XvLjcyO.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 54

I'll be watching this with great interest. Damn I just love that color, don't you? I'm hoping this will have a long and happy life as I continue to go around and around about what current I should run mine at in a host.

Radim

Yeah I'm not the wright person to ask, but it's very decent to me even with a G2 lens although there is that strange box die reflection that we usually only see with multimode diodes!

Do you mean that shape of dot? Like strip, or rectangular? Since DPSS is pretty expensive, this diode might be an option, but likely not for those looking for great beam specs - that's what I would like to find out. In laserpainting I love DPSS lasers as due to nice beam there might be much more stuff done with them.

Yeah I'm not the wright person to ask, but it's very decent to me even with a G2 lens although there is that strange box die reflection that we usually only see with multimode diodes!

I get the same image from https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/osram-plp450-450nm-laser-diode this diode and the new 505. My second 473 and 505 should get to me today. The first 473 I blew on my power supply due to ignorance. Diode and driver POP! The new pair are going in S4 hosts with green and blue heatsink and focus adapters. Using SL G2 lenses as well. Even the acrylic lens and 2 elem lens has a box reflection on the 505 just scaled down a lot.

Last edited:
I posted this before does it not show the beam profile on the wall at about 5m. With a G2 lens, The actuall beam and dot is nice very small but the box reflection is very obvious with this diode!

Here's a couple more pic I just took at work!

Attachments

• tH3xQqo.jpg
    tH3xQqo.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 42
  • PC5Z9YN.jpg
    PC5Z9YN.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 37
  • sWvYQ9J.jpg
    sWvYQ9J.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 39
  • MqvWDlu.jpg
    MqvWDlu.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 36
  • X5OLSXU.jpg
    X5OLSXU.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 35
  • ZrCGX22.jpg
    ZrCGX22.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 38
  • cAwLhp7.jpg
    cAwLhp7.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 46
  • nWcMCPO.jpg
    nWcMCPO.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Looks like with other lenses this might look like the LPC's with the wings on the sides then?

Yep exactly it does have small wings!

Attachments

• rZc1YyN.jpg
    rZc1YyN.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice pics, those night beam shots really show off that beautiful wavelength well.

I have a large collection of different types of lenses. I'm hoping that once I get mine up and running I will be able to find one that does not have this optical artifact in the spot. I have decided to go with a 275 mA driver since all the failures have me quite gun shy over pushing this diode to 350 mA. We shall see.

Damn, those are pretty. Wish I hadn't sold my empty CNI GLP when I left a while ago, I wish I remember who bought it

I have a large collection of different types of lenses. I'm hoping that once I get mine up and running I will be able to find one that does not have this optical artifact in the spot. I have decided to go with a 275 mA driver since all the failures have me quite gun shy over pushing this diode to 350 mA. We shall see.

You were calling me gun shy yesterday, Honestly the g2 output doesn't bother me at all, im sure the acrilic or the 3 element lens will fix it right up but im getting 120mw now and the buitifful beam is nice and visible at this power with a 3 ellement probably be about 80 and less visible, the divergence is not as important to me as the wavelength is! That box die reflection is mainly visible when pointed at white surface!

Damn, those are pretty. Wish I hadn't sold my empty CNI GLP when I left a while ago, I wish I remember who bought it

Do you mean the bare host, this wavelength will look awsome in one of those, i have one that my 589 module came with you just gave me an idea, custom alloy head on its battery housing!

You were calling me gun shy yesterday, Honestly the g2 output doesn't bother me at all, im sure the acrilic or the 3 element lens will fix it right up but im getting 120mw now and the buitifful beam is nice and visible at this power with a 3 ellement probably be about 80 and less visible, the divergence is not as important to me as the wavelength is! That box die reflection is mainly visible when pointed at white surface!

I believe I said it was understandable to be gun shy after losing a diode like this. I have also said that I was gun shy with the number of failures reported recently. I have decided to only push mine to 275 mA because of it. :yh:

I get the same image from https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/osram-plp450-450nm-laser-diode this diode and the new 505. My second 473 and 505 should get to me today. The first 473 I blew on my power supply due to ignorance. Diode and driver POP! The new pair are going in S4 hosts with green and blue heatsink and focus adapters. Using SL G2 lenses as well. Even the acrylic lens and 2 elem lens has a box reflection on the 505 just scaled down a lot.

You blew the diode on your power supply,! How is that possible,! Alot of people even do it differently to me and still ive never lost one on my supply, all i do is always make sure too short the leads before connecting to my diode, then turn on and slowly increase current, voltage adjusts itself, when finished i turn current down to 0 switch off then unplug, alot of guys do it differently but i have never had an issue doing it my way never.

I believe I said it was understandable to be gun shy after losing a diode like this. I have also said that I was gun shy with the number of failures reported recently. I have decided to only push mine to 275 mA because of it. :yh:

It's hard to lose a diode like this so quickly and I get why you are gun shy at this point. But,

Its no big deal paul it was just a quote and ive read all your msg! All appreciated,!