Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Negative Experience - Le Thanh Tung (thanhtung)

gazer101

trinh hong phuoc: Quality hosts, poor business practices. I would have him make another one, except he never sent me one I paid for and for which he refuses to send or refund the money. Just do not pay ahead, zero and clearly define ALL costs including shipping before hand with hard delivery dates, they always slipped months to where the ability to file a PayPal claim expired..​

Other than that, he does great work. I think he is upset I didn't give him the bonus I promised if all went well for the big project he made for me because half of the pieces were severely damaged in shipment due to his extremely poor packing inside the box. All of the heavy parts were poorly protected from smashing into each other inside the box.

There is a third man in Vietnam who makes hosts too, I had problems with him not delivering anywhere near on time, and then giving me a fake shipment tracking number for a carrier he didn't even use, in the end. All three of these guys do not do business well, things always going wrong. I just don't like the lies. Tell me the truth and I will endure any issue, lie to me or don't make agreed upon deadlines by many months and now you have me posting about it to the point you won't send me what you owe me.
Hey you get what you pay for. If you pay for cheap, reliable, factory-produced hosts from China you get reliable hosts. If you pay for expensive artisanship (which by definition is prone to going over budget) you get expensive, not-neccessarily-functional hosts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey you get what you pay for. If you pay for cheap, reliable, factory-produced hosts from China you get reliable hosts. If you pay for expensive artisanship (which by definition is prone to going over budget) you get expensive, not-neccessarily-functional hosts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wait, What?

Yea, my problem is how agreeing to a certain price and then bingo, sorry it will really cost this much.... Anodizing should not cost several times more without fricken asking me if he should go ahead and do it first. That is not just poor business practice, it is unethical. When I'm told a low price, and then all of the sudden it is hundreds of dollars but too late, I already had the work done without talking to me first for a go ahead, that isn't right. Likely, I suspect, just a scam for more $$$.

gazer101

What I'm saying is that China (and other nearby countries) offer very affordable prices for mass-produced products (and can easily beat any local manufacturer). But when it comes to artisanship, you might be better off sticking to local guys

Well, the advantage to using Trinh is that he does all of the planning and work to have someone who has the large machinery which can do the work. The state side guys on this forum do not have the equipment to do some of my builds. Trinh does small hosts, but not the larger more complex units I want, so he had to outsource the work to a CNC shop.

He does outstanding design and the work is great, just that I think he took advantage of me because I already gave him close to a 1000 dollar advance, then kept sliding a month at a time later, and later until about 4 months late and then authorizes work at much higher prices without getting my authorization first (or just a way to get more cash, no receipts). However, he did come through, just that he packed it so bad half of the stuff was damaged. Then he didn't send that last host I paid for, that is completely dishonest.

That all said, there is no way I could have gotten the work done he did just about anywhere else at the higher price I ended up paying, but now I have hosts with deep dings and gouges as well as damaged threads so miserably malformed I cannot assemble them. I could spend hundreds of dollars shipping charges to send these huge hosts back, but I lost all trust of doing business with him, so they remain damaged until I can find someone to fix them. He offered no resolution to help me beyond sending back to him at my cost, and returned to me at my cost when he used the thinnest bubble wrap you can buy and didn't use much of it to wrap each piece, some of them weighing ten pounds each all together inside a box, nothing at all to protect them, allowed to rattle and smash together the whole trip. I was clueless he didn't know how to pack!!!

He became quiet after that and does not communicate with me, I have contacted him three times about the host he offered for sale in this forum that I paid for a year ago now, asks me what I want, I send a photo of the host he offered here who he sold to someone else, getting money from both of us without telling me, but not sending a duplicate to me as he promised, once I found out he sold it twice. Why in the hell would you sell the host I paid for to someone else anyway?

Last edited:
The project was probably too big for him, he has other life demands and I believe his estimate was so low he might not have made much, might be why he didn't send me the last host I paid for. Those circumstances wouldn't be so bad, but the packing, that was BAD.

3ElevenBrodel

It’s still completely unacceptable for a businessman to just not ship an item you’ve paid for...

The project was probably too big for him, he has other life demands and I believe his estimate was so low he might not have made much, might be why he didn't send me the last host I paid for. Those circumstances wouldn't be so bad, but the packing, that was BAD.
I read this thread too late, and I'm appalled by this,I'm so sorry for always being late on custom orders, but I couldn't make it any faster, I emailed Chris and didn't understand what I owed him, even an offer to fix the things. Details that are deformed in transit are also ignored, then we still emailed each other about the pointers 100W,green 2W,etc,,,,,,
I should have let this filth sink and no one would see it, but more than anything, I wanted Chris to be able to come online and help me answer my questions.
What did I owe him?
Also, if he says anodize is for profit and a scam, i think he should go to vietnam and get a quote on this, after my work, i feel bitter when i read with these things
since 2020 the world is in disaster,international shipping has a lot of problems and i have lost more than one order and got refund as agreed by the members here i still take custom orders tweaking and still trying to complete them, the price is always given before proceeding, I don't think there's anything shady.
Finally, I'm sorry, Chirs, but most of all, I need your reply, I want to know clearly what I was missing from last order.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Alaskan and his other accounts have been banned from this forum.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Alaskan and his other accounts have been banned from this forum.
Banned? Really, you removed his accounts and he's voluntarily stepped back from the forum like a lot of us.
If they are banned, then why is there no post stating of such in the Ban Information Thread.
Seeing he was a very active member you would think his banning would of been well known and stated formally.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Banned? Really, you removed his accounts and he's voluntarily stepped back from the forum like a lot of us.
If they are banned, then why is there no post stating of such in the Ban Information Thread.
Seeing he was a very active member you would think his banning would of been well known and stated formally.
He's welcomed to voluntarily never return. Active or not he's not above anyone else despite what he thinks. I banned one account and another mod banned the second. His last posts were mass spam on multiple threads. He was asked to stop 3 times then given a temp ban. Considering the damage he's done to this forum the next one is permanent,
None of the mods need to post a reason why. Keep that in mind Mr. Entitled.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well I know there is more going on between you both so I'll leave it as that.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Well I know there is more going on between you both so I'll leave it as that.
There is a lot of history not just with me but with everything else on here (I'm not the only one chris messed with) but I have not based a decision on emotion. I discuss any situation with the mod team and won't take action until something is unanimously agreed upon.

Giannis_TDM

There is a lot of history not just with me but with everything else on here (I'm not the only one chris messed with) but I have not based a decision on emotion. I discuss any situation with the mod team and won't take action until something is unanimously agreed upon.
Yea let's just say I have dug through some of the stuff Alaskan did to other members including the threats he made, I can back up Unowns and the mod team's decision.