Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need good glasses for 7+ watt 445

FYI-- One of the duties of the LSO for a laser show is to ALWAYS use the LEAST amount of output to get the desired effects. I am betting that fact may be a surprise.

NO More power than needed should be the rule for all lasers.....

does anyone think 1 watt green lasers will ever be available on ebay? I want a 1 watt green, but i can't afford it now.

This is my hobby, I am sorry that i made these mistakes, but i don't want to loose your trust. Why bash me so hard for this, I am just not used to owning very high powered lasers yet, and i have decided to be much more careful from now on. TomboyG Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than bash people for small mistakes?

Treat it like a loaded gun, always know where it is pointed.

Just one mistake and you can not blink fast enough to save your eyesight, and that will be a life long disability, just DO NOT let it happen.

Adopt good habits, always take batteries out before working on it at all and always point it in a safe direction until you are ready to use it.

If you get careless and turn it towards yourself to blow dust off your lens without removing batteries you could bump the switch, so many seemingly simple mistakes can be a disaster, you must be vigilant at all times.

Last edited:
As GLR says,
We've all made mistakes, I know I have. You must learn from your mistakes. This hobby is way better than what alot of things young people do to occupy themselves. Please be careful in the future Green,
Danny

Encap

14 years old and a 7W 445nm laser sounds like an accident involving a minor, looking for a place to happen.

Are your parents aware you are buying an extremely dangerous 7W laser?
Your parents are resposible for whatever you do --are they aware of the risks you are exposing them to?
They will be the ones that pay the price of any playtime with a 7W laser accident.

You should get your parents approval/agreement before buying it.

For that matter is "Alien" aware you are 14?

Last edited:

Encap

I need the best glasses available for this very high power laser i am getting from alien. I can spend up to $50 on one pair, i will be getting two. What are the safest glasses i can get? Thank you everyone, i love the community here:D

thanks virtue, and the laser i have is 1 watt, not 7. The 7 belongs to my adult friend.

So which post is untrue/a misrepresentation #1 or #2

If you are in fact only 14 years old you misrepresented yourself when you joined LPF and are in violation of the terms of use of LPF which you can read here: http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm
When you agreed to the Terms of Use to become a member and use LPF you agreed that you are of the age of majority in your jurisdiction and had the right, authority, and capacity to agree and abide by the Terms of Use Agreement. That means 18 years old or older in California.

Terms of Use of LPF says:
"3. Eligibility
You must be the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction to visit or use the Website in any manner. You represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and that You have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by this Agreement. You also represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You will use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations."

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I was also concerned, I even posted about it. I have since learned that he has his parents blessing and no longer has a working 7w laser. I was 14 once and belive I was responsible enough to own a 1w laser at that time. Why shouldn't young people be able to enjoy this "clean" hobby when there's so much other unmentionable stuff that could be doing? Were you ever a teenager? If you were irresponsible at that she then I can understand your concern but that doesn't make G the same
Danny

I said that in the begging because i was responsible for getting it made for a friend, who would then get it given to him. I am waiting to fix the laser for my friend. I have since bought a 1 watt for myself, that is mine. Also, as other members have pointed out, if the under 18 rule was followed a lot of members here would be banned. If you really hate me that much, and would like to ban me, go head. I don't want to be hated here. That seems to be what everyone wants so go head i guess :( well, i guess this seems like the end for me on this forum. That seems to be what you guys want. Sorry i let you guys down. If any friends want to see me, ill probably go to candlepower.

Last edited:

diachi

well, i guess this seems like the end for me on this forum. That seems to be what you guys want. Sorry i let you guys down. If any friends want to see me, ill probably go to candlepower.

No one is asking/telling you to leave. Even if they were - only a moderator or admin can actually, realistically, do anything anyway. Hell - I'd have been 14 when I joined back in 2008... If I did my math correctly at least - I'd have been around that age anyway. Wait ... what age am I now? Keep losing track... :whistle: :D

Also - would you please stop double posting. Use the edit button. Am I the only one bothered by this anymore? :thinking::thinking: