Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NDB7A75 Ehgumus ..

hi,
Took out an older Ehgumus hosts i never used, well had this old lens i bought online a while ago. so ii made an adapter to fit inside the lens with a G2 . Rebuilt the contact board with 24AWG wire. SXD set to 4A very slow ramp up feature . An older Lazeerer driver i never used either. Takes 2-18350's....some pics of it focused and burning a black cloth at 34 FT. Just threw it together quick but not to bad.

Rich:)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_42a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_42a.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 67
  • fullsizeoutput_429.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_429.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 58
  • fullsizeoutput_428.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_428.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 71
  • fullsizeoutput_427.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_427.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3171.JPG
    IMG_3171.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 52
  • fullsizeoutput_426.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_426.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3173.JPG
    IMG_3173.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 67
  • fullsizeoutput_425.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_425.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

What is that, a BE on the end? Looks nice. If so, what is the beam diameter?

Very nice, Rich. Is that a BE on it? Looks like it. Oh, I got tracking on the hosts you sent me and I think they might get here tomorrow. I've got my finger crossed. Need to build a 200 mW 478nm blue laser. :D

Hi,
Ok its not a BE but an old lens single glass element i found online while back. So i fit it to a old Ehgumus host by turning a focus adapter to fit inside. Nothing more and the results were surprising . I never thought it would do this with an ordinary lens. At 34 ft. focused well the pics tells you burnt a hole clean through a piece of material in 10 sec.
Just focus it like any other build with the G2 lens. This happens when you have stuff laying around..

Paul, Hope your hosts get there tomorrow and you can build this weekend.

GSS

Awesome:beer:
and to think this Eghumus host is just the stuff you had laying around:whistle::crackup:
So when looking up the NDB7A75 it's a NUM06 if i'm correct?
I bet it's sold already:eg:

BobMc

Man that really is a good looking build. It's gotta be nice to be able to "find something on eBay" and put it to use like that. Another beauty from your workshop. :gj:

Hope it sells real quick because I'm so tempted. :wave:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
The combination of the Ehgemus host and that lens really looks good, like they were made for each other!
:gj:

Reactions: GSS
Hi,
Ok first of all posted this in the wrong section it should have been in blue color section sorry about that. Yes i had this for a long time and was bored so i just started to measure out the possibilities .It worked out great to my surprise yes they go good together. The NDB7A75 was from Jordan a long time ago Have no idea if its the 06 now. This was one of the first 5Wers we had. The driver has a really long ramp up boy do i miss the 10 millisecond ramp ups.

^^ What BowtieGuy said ^^

That host/lens combo looks great, I have thought about the 7A75 before but right now I am enjoying the NUBM06 " ones with a decent GBall factory setting " and the sanwu 3X , granted the 7A75 can be used with cyl pairs but the 06 is a powerhouse strong diode putting down a fast burn at 30 feet through it's GBall with the 3X added on, still I wonder how close a N-450 could get in performance to the 7A75 not just in raw output but in stability and divergence, Lifetime17 do you have an opinion between the n-450 and ndb-7a75 ?
Again, Great looking build. :gj:

Hi RC,
Thanks pal the lens worked out great i am pleased with the results stemming from a odd ball lens . As far as the N450 i have not really looked into that diode much to tell the truth. I will check out the data between the two diodes and see if they are close. GSS asked if the 7A75 was a 06 maybe you can input on that. i have some 06's but didn't get around to fire them up yet, been a little busy. I really like the Gball diodes some aren't that bad in spot size. When i build a Ball into a build i ream out a lens barrel to fit around the Gball so i can use a focus adapter so i doesn't look like a cyclops its for a nicer appearance to ..

Sorry for the necro, but I just scored a very good deal on NDB7A75 at auction, it was listed as NEW so I was thinking of feeding it 4.5a via an SXD v3 and using a G7 lens with a 3XBE, what current do you run yours at Lifetime17 ? I know the SXD has an overcurrent protection and a soft start IINM, I would like to squeeze it as hard as I can, it's basically a nubm06 with a can/window so the better divergence is great, but I want to get as much punch as possible.

Last edited:
Hi Red,
When i built mine i used a SXD set to 4A and that gave me 5200 mW's with a G2. Thats a great diode wish they were still among at DTR;s store.

Excellent looking host, Rich!! This is rather interesting. I found an electronics store here in Okinawa that has tons of non-functioning Epson projectors. I thought about getting one to see what optics and such could be salvaged.
I’d rep if it’d let me :yabbmad:
Josh

Last edited:
Hi SGD,
There are tons on ...Bay cheap thats were i found mine . But make sure they include the measurements to suit your builds.

Hi SGD,
There are tons on ...Bay cheap thats were i found mine . But make sure they include the measurements to suit your builds.

Good call. I’ll have to do a lot of google translate to read it as they’re in Japanese.
Is your collimating lens diverged and adjusted to that objective lens? This is really cool.

Josh

DTR

Hi Red,
When i built mine i used a SXD set to 4A and that gave me 5200 mW's with a G2. Thats a great diode wish they were still among at DTR;s store.

Yea it is a bummer. They stopped making them. Only ones out there unless someone finds a stash they had which does happen now and then is ones pulled from used projectors. I had some customers that would eat them up for CNC.