Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nature Shots

I'm sure the wilderness is more suitable although not perfect for Milky Way viewing.

D

Deleted member 16589

You're really gonna like this one Will.
The Milky Way from my back yard.

Emu-Milkyway-rising-LPF-new.jpg

WHAT No fair Can I come visit :tinfoil:
I was just Looking at images of Scorpius and the rho ophiuchi Cloud complex you have pictured there
Got a higher res image of that.

Just Uploaded 8 more images for y'all. I went camping last weekend So I present to you Lucid dreaming. View from my Hammock

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics Will. :)

Heres one I took on The Great Ocean Road...;) Taken with my old 20D and EF-S 10-22 mm. :beer:

IMG_2693_zpsnvkyiezy.jpg

Reactions: GSS
Heres another one taken in the Bass Strait. ;) It was just before night fall and the small island is East Moncoeur Island. Camera was again 20D with 24-70L EF lens.

IMG_1704_zpshoktvh88.jpg

And these pics are for the Ozzies out there...Guess which rock this was.;) Apparently it rains only a couple of times a year out there in the desert. Just happened to be there on one of those days! :beer:

IMG_7337_zpscgt5tvia.jpg

IMG_7300_zpsh5vqinld.jpg
IMG_7222_zps8fntb3pm.jpg
IMG_7274_zpsfl9msivk.jpg

IMG_7310_zpsvtryzvtj.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible shots Grainde :D When did you do the Great Ocean Road?! The week long coastal walk along that region is one of my favorite hikes so far!

Amazing shots of Uluru as well :beer: I am still yet to go there but it is definitely on my bucket list!

Here's a few shots of a lily I did a few nights ago, the moon was out and I wanted to try and capture the Lily as best as possible with the available moonlight.
Long exposure presents a new challenge when trying to photograph flowers which tend to sway at the slightest breeze. The air has to be utterly still for it to remotely work.
As you can see due to the angle of the moon at the time it casts shadows on the inner region of the lily and thus doesn't illuminate that area, but it turned out ok :)
LG-H815K, 4.42mm, ƒ/1.8, 30s, ISO 300

20161212_231107_zpsildzup2e.jpg

This one was artificially illuminated with a XPL-V6 3D 5000K flashlight with the reflector removed in order to provide more even lighting.
I wanted the moon to give off a silhouette effect but that was kinda impossible whilst simultaneously capturing the lily.
LG-H815K, 4.42mm, ƒ/1.8, 30s, ISO 50

20161212_225626_zpsious0e43.jpg

Kinda looks like a rocket taking off (not really :p)

20161212_001438_zpsmemoi6vg.jpg

D

Deleted member 16589

And these pics are for the Ozzies out there...Guess which rock this was.;) Apparently it rains only a couple of times a year out there in the desert. Just happened to be there on one of those days! :beer:

I am not an ozzie But ayers rock has been on my bucket list since i was a child.

Here's a few shots of a lily I did a few nights ago, the moon was out and I wanted to try and capture the Lily as best as possible with the available moonlight.
Long exposure presents a new challenge when trying to photograph flowers which tend to sway at the slightest breeze. The air has to be utterly still for it to remotely work.
As you can see due to the angle of the moon at the time it casts shadows on the inner region of the lily and thus doesn't illuminate that area, but it turned out ok :)
LG-H815K, 4.42mm, ƒ/1.8, 30s, ISO 300

20161212_231107_zpsildzup2e.jpg

OK that's awesome I need to go replicate that image now :tinfoil:

I'm hoping to get this lens soon then I can take some real good night shots.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...Zvp99ACFcaPswodGSkNDw&c3api=0272,159791595546

Here a few I took over the last 12 months or so. Some were using my old Panasonic lumix LUX3
recent ones were done on my iPhone 6S plus.

Picture 1 Victoria B.C. Canada (Sunset)
Picture 2 Victoria B.C. Canada (Dallas Road Waterfront) Parasailing
Picture 3 Green tea fields (O'Solleok Jejudo S.Korea)
Picture 4 Yongmori (Dragon's head) Jejudo S.Korea
Picture 5 - same as 4 Monastery and temple associated businesses below.
Picture 6 - same as 4 Mid level temple.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 83
  • P1060142.jpg
    P1060142.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 81
  • P1060187.jpg
    P1060187.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 77
  • P1060172.jpg
    P1060172.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Incredible shots Grainde :D When did you do the Great Ocean Road?! The week long coastal walk along that region is one of my favorite hikes so far!

Amazing shots of Uluru as well :beer: I am still yet to go there but it is definitely on my bucket list!

I was there in 2008 and did quite a bit of traveling around. Even went for a 10 day trek across Tasmania with some friends from Uni. ;)

Nice ideas with the Lilly and the laser tree, they make very interesting pics! :beer:

I am not an ozzie But ayers rock has been on my bucket list since i was a child.

Its quite amazing especially when you see the sun rise and set there. The colours are incredible, it changes through orange to red to purple. :)

Ill upload a couple of animal shots that I took along the way.:beer:

Last edited:
Awesome shots Will and Anthony (Grainde).

Love the Ularu images, never get sick of them and you captured some beautiful angles there, not the usual ones we see.
Also, that Ocean Road image is mesmerising Anthony.
The 20D and EF-S 10-22 mm was a great combination, lovely FOV.

Will, great work with those night-time shots, the lily looks surreal and I love the laser tree, great captures mate.

More please guys....

RB

:beer:

Five years ago this Christmas, we were treated to a beautiful 'Christmas' Comet, Comet Lovejoy - named after it's discoverer Terry Lovejoy, a fellow Aussie astronomer of mine.
It's official designation is C/2011 W3 (Lovejoy).

I got up around 2.30am New Years Eve and made the trip to Terrigal, a beach area outside Sydney on the Central Coast of NSW with my camera and tripod because this was the time the comet was said to be at it's best.
It was truly a spectacular sight to see it in the early morning sky.

Hope you enjoy.

RB

comet-lovejoy-3.jpg

comet-lovejoy.jpg

diachi

Lovely shots!

Is that hints of airglow or Aurora Australis I'm seeing?

Fantastic shot Andrew, I was really impressed with your Milky Way photo too! Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming! :) :beer:

Incredible shots RB!

It's been awhile, hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas break :beer:

Just got back from NZ after completing the Queen Charlotte track, Routeburn track and Kepler.
Below is just a small taste of what we saw and experienced, was truly an adventure I'll never forget!

Lots more to come ;)