Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Wooden 10x! Thats right, I said Wooden!

Benm

Pretty cool design!

Salt, pepper, creme-brulee, all in a matching set :D

Morgan

You better not be plotting to drop a better looking wooden host Morgan! Cause if you are I have news for ya....my second wooden beauty is in the works....

-Sarge
My comment was more aimed at Jerry for his matey ribbing for an, 'incomplete', he has already seen for my LPM but...

You'll just have to wait and see what's already on the drawing board my friend! I have the materials already and should get started next week...

I look forward to some friendly competition and banter! :D

From what I've seen I have a tough rival but that only drives me on...

... I do wonder what you have planned though. :thinking: Hmmm, more tableware based projects perhaps? Oh, I know, a laser turkey baster? :na:

Dare I say, "let battle commence?" ;)

M
:)

Last edited:
Do you have to worry about heat at all? I figure that the wood holds in the heat pretty well.

Do you have to worry about heat at all? I figure that the wood holds in the heat pretty well.

Negative, the heat from the aluminium heatsink is absorbed by the copper couplings they run through the host, In addition there is a vent around the tail switch for the heat to escape!
-Sarge

Last edited:
I had thought about trying this. Making a slim smooth aluminum host, and get a wooden "sleeve" to slide over it. Could have engravings and crap on the wood.

Would be cool to get some tribal carvings and put a clear coat over the wood.....anyone really good at wood carving? lol

Cool build but now everyone is gonna get a "WOODY":eg::eg:

Sorry..I couldn't resist:yh:

jayrob

Very cool dieselmarine....

You have a very creative mind...

I haven't seen the likes of a host such as this, but I hope to see many more!!!

Oh the Wooden Wonderfulness!

(and you may have inspired me to build a wooden host someday...)