Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My violet 405nm 1W+

Re: My violet 405nm 1000mA , diode JDSU405

Yea they are pulled from Sony BDR-209 sleds so no datasheet or part number. We just have the testing done here to go by.

Nope not yet.

From it being MM and also with its lower efficiency compared to BDRs and s06j, its no wonder why these aren't more prevalent.

I'm very curious to the beam profile compared to a 209 and will do some comparison shots once I receive the diode in a couple weeks. I'm also wondering if these can be pushed to higher WLs compared to 209s. :beer:

Casualty #2 on the JDSU 405 diode.:scowl:

After a loooong wait time.. I finally received the JDSU "1w" 405 from the OP. The driver that was sent to me with/for the diode was defective so unfortunately I had to wait another couple days for a driver from SL.

Upon receiving my items, I got all the parts together, started to install everything and followed the wiring diagram posted by the OP on the first page.. The wiring is completely opposite than normal but a diagram is a diagram. Right?

OP diagram...
c9E33bNh.jpg

Went and wrapped everything up, went to the LPM, grabbed batteries.. click... click... nothing.. hmmm weird

Asked the OP and come to find out, the posted diagram was wrong and I have wired it incorrectly. But don't worry, he took the diagram down after he realized his mistake. Lucky me... poor diode!!!

I guess better late than never but looks like post #5 has been now been changed/updated as well. Now shows correct wiring.
si04HTah.jpg

20hA7pmh.jpg

How I had it wired... :(
BEhhYDuh.jpg

Now I'm stuck with an LEDd diode and nothing to show for it but regret.. I love this hobby but instances like this are really unfortunate. :(

Was hoping for a 1w+ MM 405 and ended with one that is ~4mw! :wtf:

6LIeIEmh.jpg

Casualty #2 on the JDSU 405 diode.:scowl:

After a loooong wait time.. I finally received the JDSU "1w" 405 from the OP. The driver that was sent to me with/for the diode was defective so unfortunately I had to wait another couple days for a driver from SL.

Upon receiving my items, I got all the parts together, started to install everything and followed the wiring diagram posted by the OP on the first page.. The wiring is completely opposite than normal but a diagram is a diagram. Right?

OP diagram...
c9E33bNh.jpg

Went and wrapped everything up, went to the LPM, grabbed batteries.. click... click... nothing.. hmmm weird

Asked the OP and come to find out, the posted diagram was wrong and I have wired it incorrectly. But don't worry, he took the diagram down after he realized his mistake. Lucky me... poor diode!!!

I guess better late than never but looks like post #5 has been now been changed/updated as well. Now shows correct wiring.
si04HTah.jpg

20hA7pmh.jpg

How I had it wired... :(
BEhhYDuh.jpg

Now I'm stuck with an LEDd diode and nothing to show for it but regret.. I love this hobby but instances like this are really unfortunate. :(

Was hoping for a 1w+ MM 405 and ended with one that is ~4mw! :wtf:

6LIeIEmh.jpg

I will not argue with you!
1, I will send another item to you
2, I refund the money to you

Last edited:

AngelG

Where did you buy ? How much cost ?
How does it compare to S06J (I managed to buy one yesterday) ?
I'm interested in point size at 15..20 cm distance. For now I'm collecting S06J and BDR209 unknowns like mad :crackup:. (if u lost a bid, that probably was me:confused:).
But no one had arrived yet.

Last edited:

Where did you buy ? How much cost ?
How does it compare to S06J (I managed to buy one yesterday) ?
I'm interested in point size at 15..20 cm distance. For now I'm collecting S06J and BDR209 unknowns like mad :crackup:. (if u lost a bid, that probably was me:confused:).
But no one had arrived yet.

dear friend, i bought of The seller my familiar at Asia! not web,
the point size at 15-20cm or 20cm distance like M140, A140, NDB7875 and it is mutilmode!
i have compared it with SJ06 (450mA) and BDR209(650mA) ! ===> JDSU405 (956mA) is so stronger than Sj06 and BDR209 and the price of it is 48usd/pc

wow! this price is too cheap from china ! i don't know that i was been bought very expensive! omg:banghead:
thanks bro shared!