Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Recent YAG Laser Purchase

Frothy --

You didn't say it is that easy to operate ;D A big plug and play laser - One switch ---

RIGHT :eek:

Mike

Well it's not as easy as that. It does take some expertise since I need to do a repair on the q-switch driver and figure out why the power supply won't take more than 20 amps. It should be taking about 40A.

Time to get it all cleaned up and begin testing components. I still need a 220 VAC 50A line in my basement and need to plumb some water also. It appears to be a 2-stage cooling system. distilled/deionized water for the primary cooling system and city water to cool the primary.

As I write this I'm also downloading a trial copy of Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition to test out for generating some nice movies of this system cutting, etching, etc.

do you really need to waste city water to run it? you could probably get yourself an inline pump and a car radiator for the same price as it would cost to plumb water and a return just to cool your laser

You aren't thinking green :mad: Ground water runs at 52 deg F. Dig a well and use that for primary cooling. Wire the well pump to that "switch" and it all works like the book ;D

Mike

Frothy what state do you live in? I need to come over and see that thing in action when you get it running :) All I can say is wow!

PharmD4

Hangin around here I must be in a state of madness. Actually, I reside in a rust belt state: Michigan. We have some of the finest abandoned and rusting factories in the nation. Let's not forget about Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten.

I'm still not sure a chimp, even a smart one with glasses, should be operating such machinery. :-?

Switch

Hemlock Mike said:
You aren't thinking green  :mad:    Ground water runs at 52 deg F.  Dig a well and use that for primary cooling.  Wire the well pump to that "switch" and it all works like the book  ;D

Mike
How is he supposed to dig a well when the laser is not operational yet? ;D

(Guys, U don't need water, it's self cooling! See the polyeth. water tank & recirc pump.
It Recircs the water. )

Frothing,

All that heat will replace your HVAC this winter!
Neatest way to spend your $ on elec.

Howbout pumping through PEX tubing all around the homestead/Lab. HEAT! HaHA ;D

Is that RF exited Xenon.. Argon.. or what?

You did say CW right? I see it pulses too.

So does that LASER make you froth... HAHA

That's, um, big. ;D What camera are you using? I just noticed the crystal clear pictures. :D