Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Rainbow -- Post Pic's of Yours

Switch

nikokapo said:
i wish i had another one...but the dilda was sold so im stuck with only green :(

Hey come on, how come you don't have a dvd laser? ::)

Razako

These were taken before I had a decent blu-ray
100ish mw horribad DIY RED built into lantern flashlight.
DX true 10
Blue RPL 30
Laserglow Vega 4-8mw.
IMG_0996-1.jpg

IMG_1008-1.jpg

Here is my Labby collection. Bluray at 12mW, Multiline argon at 35mw, Green at low power (35mW ) and red at 200mW

Jase.

Attachments

• rainbow.JPG
    rainbow.JPG
    426.1 KB · Views: 505
Here's an older pic I had made to show the color differences:

c9d.jpg

Since then, I got a more powerful green lab laser, the one in the photo was a 95mw pointer, which I sold.

Then there's this one, which posted somewhere else on here a couple weeks ago:

87a.jpg

My argon and 635 pointer aren't part of this set up. As you can see the green pretty much dominates because it's so much more powerful + it looks brighter to the eye.

Schrecken_Licht said:
Then there's this one, which posted somewhere else on here a couple weeks ago:

My... god... that second one is one of the sweetest beams pics I've seen :eek: :eek:

Wow, ..... just ... wow.
How in the world did you get all of those beams like that? Is it a bunch of lasers all shining at one of those diffraction gratings?
I also read another post about the ccd in digital cameras getting damaged by lasers, how do you avoid that?

Maelstrom said:
[quote author=Cyparagon link=1212648360/12#15 date=1212680715]Taken a few months ago:

Holy crap Cypra! Mind explaining is going on in the second pic? I see like 20 different colors :p
[/quote]

If utilizing multiple diffraction gratings in different orientations in the same beam path, you are left with more beams. With many many beams, At any given angle, two may look as though they are occupying the same space even though one is behind the other.

Yeah. Maybe we should start a LPF media gallery with quick access to these beauties. :cool:

Cyparagon said:
If utilizing multiple diffraction gratings in different orientations in the same beam path, you are left with more beams. With many many beams, At any given angle, two may look as though they are occupying the same space even though one is behind the other.
Cool! And is that a monster from D2 in your avatar? :p

Switch

Maelstrom said:
[quote author=Cyparagon link=1212648360/36#40 date=1212914392]

Cool! And is that a monster from D2 in your avatar?  :p
[/quote]

I would say so. :p

jaws2002 said:
Wow, ..... just ... wow.
How in the world did you get all of those beams like that? Is it a bunch of lasers all shining at one of those diffraction gratings?
I also read another post about the ccd in digital cameras getting damaged by lasers, how do you avoid that?

If you use a diffraction grating, because the original beam is split into multiple beams, the multiplied beams are much weaker (especially around the edges) than the original beam. So a 130mw laser would have split beams of only a few mw. The split beams are stronger in the center, so I take the photos at an angle where the beams are weaker.

Ace82

Here's my cheap ass shots! ;D

Attachments

• 5_005.JPG
    5_005.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 725