Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My New 8x Laser!!!

Here is my 1st 8x laser. It uses an 8x diode from a LG BH08 sled, a rkcstr driver, a LarryDFW 405 lens, and a custom host made by Ehgemus. I had daguin build the module for me.

The laser uses 2 RCR123's for power, and I was told it produces 430mW after a 405 lens.

I just want to thank Dave and Harold for helping me with this beautiful laser.

Here are some pics.

Last edited:

It cost me $385 incl. batteries and charger. I cant believe I spent that much now that I think about it, but its powerful. I hope to soon get a 12x and get in the 600mW+ range.

Pete

hei nice host........i have some question..... cna you upload some pics compared to a green of 50mw about?... i only have a 80mw bluray pen.... but it is not nice to use....... ..the beam is just little visible in night... and with a large beam diameter is is LESS SHARP than a 1mm green laser. what's your impression about 430mw of violet ?...:)

does it produce an easily visible beam?....is it capable to have a visible dot over 400/500 meter?

Holy, that is one mighty host. I always liked shiny silverish more than matte black, like the silver RPL-III, that is single most beautifull laser host today!

And your looks just like it :D

Very nice laser indeed! :beer:

hei nice host........i have some question..... cna you upload some pics compared to a green of 50mw about?... i only have a 80mw bluray pen.... but it is not nice to use....... ..the beam is just little visible in night... and with a large beam diameter is is LESS SHARP than a 1mm green laser. what's your impression about 430mw of violet ?...:)

does it produce an easily visible beam?....is it capable to have a visible dot over 400/500 meter?

here is a beam comparison of my 8x at 495mW and a DX ''200''mW green
1809-beam-comparison-200mw-green-495mw-blu-ray.jpg

You cannot directly compare 405nm lasers with others...
First there is enourmos difference between how the camera sees it and how you see it.
Also every camera is diferrent.

And there is even a +-10nm tolerance on 405nm diodes, so you can get 395 nm diode, or 415 nm diode... difference is couple of hunderds % in visibility.

The only thing that truly tells the power is thermal sensor LPM.

You cannot directly compare 405nm lasers with others...
First there is enourmos difference between how the camera sees it and how you see it.
Also every camera is diferrent.

And there is even a +-10nm tolerance on 405nm diodes, so you can get 395 nm diode, or 415 nm diode... difference is couple of hunderds % in visibility.

The only thing that truly tells the power is thermal sensor LPM.

the violet was measured at 495mW but the green i know it isn't 200mW(more like 120).the camera i used to take the picture sees both colors almost just like my eyes do(bit more visible).

So it is as visible as 100 mW green?
You sure got longer nm diode then...

I only dealt with PHRs so far, and they are nowhere near my 50 mW greenie.