Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser I use at work!!

jakeGT

So I work at fed ex and totally just remembered that I use a
Laser all day evert day when I work! Here's the pics! :crackup:

Look at that beam? How many mw's you guys think it is?:crackup:
eed9502f.jpg

And what it's attached to(in guessin the drivers in there) and it's got a huge lithium battery pack!
9c915c6a.jpg

Hey it might not be high powered burning laser but it's a laser darnit! Anybody know how they make the beam spread horizontally? Just some plain old Optics ?

Just look for the laser warning sticker on the device. My guess is it's sub 5mw. Doesn't take a lot for a barcode scanner. And the line generator is just an optic. They're neither expensive or uncommon.

jakeGT

Yeah I was just joking haha.
I bet it's 1mw for sure. I guess I should've put a joking face jn there somewhere
But my scanner doesn't have a warning sticker:( iono about the eye piece but the scanner itself is real expensive

I meant the optic itself that generates the line isn't expensive. It might not have a label now, but it did at one time. All laser devices sold in the US do. Even the el cheapo usb barcode scanner we have at work has one.

Don't they have a spinning mirror or multi mirrors in these kind of devices to make the line :thinking:

Older ones used to have a spinning mirror but newer ones have a grating.

It is interesting how ubiquitous lasers have become. Count up everything that uses lasers in your house and at work. You'll be surprised. A vast majority of them will come from ODDs and perhaps laser mice, but if you could go back in time to 1960 or so and tell people that "In 2011, the average person will have over 20 lasers in their house! You can buy lasers at the grocery store! Even children use and own lasers!" it'd be total future shock Buck Rogers kinda stuff.

There's a thing I used to say in the 80s. "Everybody loves lasers. If some old grandma is walking down the road and sees a laser on the side of the road, is she going to pick it up? She'll say 'Hell yes, son! It's a f*cking laser! What'm I gonna do, leave it there?" ... Amen to that.

Yes, its probably ~<1mW 670nm.

You could probably shine it in your face all day without a problem.

P.S. - Don't shine it in your face all day. You might end up with a problem.

Last edited:

jakeGT

Older ones used to have a spinning mirror but newer ones have a grating.

It is interesting how ubiquitous lasers have become. Count up everything that uses lasers in your house and at work. You'll be surprised. A vast majority of them will come from ODDs and perhaps laser mice, but if you could go back in time to 1960 or so and tell people that "In 2011, the average person will have over 20 lasers in their house! You can buy lasers at the grocery store! Even children use and own lasers!" it'd be total future shock Buck Rogers kinda stuff.

There's a thing I used to say in the 80s. "Everybody loves lasers. If some old grandma is walking down the road and sees a laser on the side of the road, is she going to pick it up? She'll say 'Hell yes, son! It's a f*cking laser! What'm I gonna do, leave it there?" ... Amen to that.

Yes, its probably ~<1mW 670nm.

You could probably shine it in your face all day without a problem.

P.S. - Don't shine it in your face all day. You might end up with a problem.

Haha to that one^^
That's pretty funny but yeah I work with 4 or 5 sorrels lasers at work. I just wish my 445 or my 6x(on it's way to me right now from mr FP!!) could acan my
Packages instead.