Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First Laser is a 445!

v33

I recently received my first laser, purchased from a forum member. It's a pocket mini-chrome built from a Jayrob kit. Listed at 900mw by the seller but has been tested at 1w.

I'm sorry I can't post any beamshots at the moment becuase my laser has arrived before my goggles. I've ordered 3 pair from different sources to increase the chances of some protection arriving soon. Regardless I am not messing around with this laser without the proper precautions.

Some pics for now, beamshots and power rating to be supplied when goggles and LPM arrive.

EDIT : I have goggles and and LPM now so I thought I would post up the results of my first power test of this laser using a fresh AW IMR 16340. I should have stopped the test once I shut off the laser so the average power isn't accurate but it peaks at 1222mw! Insane. To be honest I really have no need for a laser this powerful, but it's still amazing!

chromelpm.jpg

445_mini_chrome_front.JPG

445_mini_chrome_rear.JPG

Last edited:

jakeGT

Awesome mentality to have about goggles and not blinding yourself. Good for you bro, I saw this thread title, and thought oh no. My eyes hurt already, but I like your decision to wait for the goggles!

anselm

You can still safely play with your laser outside at night, just point the beam towards the (airplane free) sky, I promise you won't go blind.;)

Just try not to hit any retroreflective roadsigns, they shoot back.:D

Last edited:

v33

I appreciate it. Thanks to LPF and this community I think a lot of new laser enthusiasts will get the message about the potential danger. At least I hope so.

I might take it out to a field some evening but I can't really get away from the city too easily and don't want to freak anyone out around here, haha. I am keeping myself occupied by ordering batteries and reading the forums.

Last edited:
Hey congrats on the new laser.
I am very pleased to see that you put safety as #1 and you are waiting to receive your safety goggles to use this! That's what we need more of around here and entire laser community! :gj:

Since you show that you understand that lasers are really nothing to mess with and you went to extra mile to post this and explain why you are not doing beam shots yet I good sir +1 your rep! :angel:
Now keep up the safety first mentality! It may just save someone else's eyes because the more people see that using lasers with safety goggles is "cool" then the safer we all are! :beer: :cool:

v33

Haha, I am going to have more goggles than lasers soon! I figure that in the future if I start selling/trading lasers at least I can supply glasses with them. I bought cheapies from all over the place, but in retrospect it would have been better to get some nice ones from Laserglow, which I will probably do at some point.

How are the $10 ebay glasses anyhow? I bought some from there, and Radiant and O-Like. I figure the Radiant ones will probably be the best.