Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First Laser Attempt, Double Check Me

Ok so, I never actually tested lighting a match, but Will my laser set for supposedly 120 mA current from a flexdrive, be able to light a match?, will the color tip of the match matter?, I've been watching videos and reading descriptions and i've gotten people saying, only white tips and people saying any, so. and i'll post pictures of my laser up soon, as soon as i find and charge my camera xD, i might use a webcam but you wont get any beamshots from it

Last edited:

Mine is set at 105mA. I tried white and red tipped matches, and both light almost instantly.

cust11

You should be able to light a match with 100mA of current under an acrylic lens. Focus, focus, focus.. That is the key.

-Mike

I have a couple more questions. On my PHR, is it okay to increase the current and test with multimeter while the diode is still connected? I know my current is at 105 right now, but I was thinking about increasing it to 115, if I make only really small turns on the POT, I should be okay right?

Also, I have an LPC-815 on the way, does this wiring diagram still apply for a case negative host:
http://laserpointerforums.com/attac...t-laser-attempt-double-check-me-diagramcn.jpg

Except the negative pin on the LPC-815 is the case pin, so I wouldn't have to touch any pins together. That works right? I will again be using a rckstr micro driver and two 3.6v batteries. Also I understand that with a micro driver for red, you only need about 5-6 volts in, so I would just need to have maybe two or three 1N4001 diodes in series before the positive input on the driver?

Thanks again cust11 and everyone else! You've been so helpful.

-Bryce

cust11

Double post X_X. As for the red diode... the only thing I can tell you for sure is you have the right voltage in mind. I do not recall its pin layout. As for the PHR, you can not test the current with the diode still attached (or at least with accuracy). Don't risk just turning the pot a hair.. Sometimes just a 1/32" will make a huge difference. Go ahead and crank it up to 115mA though! I have beat the hell out of my 156mA PHR and it just keeps on ticking!.(I do not suggest going that high though). Really, It will only take 5min to set the current. Don't risk damaging the diode :p.

-Mike

Double post X_X. As for the red diode... the only thing I can tell you for sure is you have the right voltage in mind. I do not recall its pin layout. As for the PHR, you can not test the current with the diode still attached (or at least with accuracy). Don't risk just turning the pot a hair.. Sometimes just a 1/32" will make a huge difference. Go ahead and crank it up to 115mA though! I have beat the hell out of my 156mA PHR and it just keeps on ticking!.(I do not suggest going that high though). Really, It will only take 5min to set the current. Don't risk damaging the diode :p.

-Mike

Thanks for the info. However my diode is soldered right onto the driver, and I don't have a de-soldering iron to get it off. I'll just leave it for now then.

For those of you who are looking for a customizable Danger decal, I found on another post from this site, Not sure how to make a thumbnail unless I use HTML and i'm not sure how i could integrate it into this forum so.....bear with the giant picture for now?

LaserDangerSign.gif

I also have videos of my laser but i'm waiting for balloon popping and glowing surface videos before i compile all my short videos together

Last edited: