Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first HeNe laser - WOO HOO!!!

Thanks to Daguin (Dave - Thanks Again, Amigo!) I finally obtained my first HeNe laser to build a new desk lamp, $18 shipped with power supply and switch/fuse plate, not too shabby! (The best part was the seller was literally 6 miles from my house, I wasn't able to catch him before he shipped but I had it the day after the auction ended, again, not too shabby!)... Here's a couple of shots, I'm planning on building the enclosure tomorrow and will post the final project here when done!

_HeNe_01.jpg

cust11

Sweet find Dale! I was going to purchase one but I think I will hold off until I can get an exotic color like yellow or blue :D.

-Mike

daguin

Welcome to the gassy side :evil:

It's all downhill from here.

Sweet find Dale! I was going to purchase one but I think I will hold off until I can get an exotic color like yellow or blue .
-Mike

Sorry. No blue HeNe's. I just finished up a bare tube yellow that I'm going to sell though ;)

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

cust11

Welcome to the gassy side :evil:

It's all downhill from here.

Sorry. No blue HeNe's. I just finished up a bare tube yellow that I'm going to sell though ;)

Peace,
dave

Blue argon! I will own an exotic color before it is all over and done with :p

-Mike

daguin

Blue argon! I will own an exotic color before it is all over and done with :p
-Mike

You can get an argon (488nm is more cyan than blue) for less than a yellow HeNe. Multi-lines an/or one with just the green or violet lines are about the same.

Any way, I'll be basically stuck at home tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics and an offer of both types on the table tomorrow.

Peace,
dave

whoa whoa whoa... whoa... whoa...

Lois, this is NOT my batman cup. Additionally, your power bill will be ~$3 a month for every hour per day you leave it on (argon). If left on all month, that's $72 for a dim blue light :S

So I can see 2 problems here, I only have 3 phase in the barn and I only have a decent water supply at the house ... I guess I saw 10-15 Watts of blue laser and panicked, sorry!

hey Brew i see your sig is getting pretty big
you know that you have a problem now correct
you should slow down and let the rest of us have sum of dem dere lasers

I remember my first HeNe, It was a .5mW GreNe. I liked the glow better than the output :p

cust11

hey Brew i see your sig is getting pretty big
you know that you have a problem now correct
you should slow down and let the rest of us have sum of dem dere lasers

A little birdie told me that his Herc might be for sale in the near future... John... You have room for 1 more rpl-style laser right? If not I can take that pretty 473 off your hands :p.

-Mike

sorry i am quite a nub as u would say but i was curious how much mW does this laser put out?