Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my first build

hi guys im bennett and this is my first laser build

i used flashlights from costco as my host and had to put them together because i ordered the wrong size battery(yeah im a genius)

so im using two 18650s a rckstar ajustable driver a lpc-815 in a aixiz module with a ar coated class lens

my driver is set to 390 for good diode life and im using a bunch of washers as a heatsink :crackup:

oh and dont worry ive recieved my eagle pair saftey glasses wich rock i cant even see the dot somtimes :thanks: survival lasers for the great service

some pictures of it and beam shots are at the bottom i guess.. its not very impressive but i guess it is my first build:D

oh it looks like the pictures didnt resize very well :oops:

Attachments

• rsz_2dsc00540.jpg
    rsz_2dsc00540.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 393
  • rsz_dsc00538.jpg
    rsz_dsc00538.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 380
  • rsz_imag0582.jpg
    rsz_imag0582.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 356
  • rsz_imag0583.jpg
    rsz_imag0583.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 430

Thanks I used the Lpc-815 I got it from modwerx.com its called the 20x Dvd sled I think and no I dont have the money for a lpm:cryyy:

Hey, nice build. I like the DIY aspect and that you didn't use a kit!

thanks wolfman im now working on my second build its gonna be a huge improvement over this one

Reactions: ped

ped

Good build.. +1 to you big fella.

If thats your FIRST build, i'd say youve found a new hobby :)

Well done.

yzer

Good build! You are way ahead of me on the first 660nm. I'm waiting for the 14500's and charger to arrive.

I couldn't find washers that would fit the 12x30 Axis and host without machine work, which I can't do. I found another heat sink material that's semi OK. Did you put the washers together with Arctic Alumina?

Waiting for the batteries to arrive I got bored last week and started playing around with the LOC off a pair of AA alkalines without current control. The LOC is LED, now. Should have known better, LOL! So I ordered a pair of LPC-815 sleds from Modwerks to continue the project. I should have the LOCs harvested a few days before the batteries and charger arrive.

Good build.. +1 to you big fella.

If thats your FIRST build, i'd say youve found a new hobby :)

Well done.

:thanks: i defeditly have

Good build! You are way ahead of me on the first 660nm. I'm waiting for the 14500's and charger to arrive.

I couldn't find washers that would fit the 12x30 Axis and host without machine work, which I can't do. I found another heat sink material that's semi OK. Did you put the washers together with Arctic Alumina?

Waiting for the batteries to arrive I got bored last week and started playing around with the LOC off a pair of AA alkalines without current control. The LOC is LED, now. Should have known better, LOL! So I ordered a pair of LPC-815 sleds from Modwerks to continue the project. I should have the LOCs harvested a few days before the batteries and charger arrive.

no i used a cheap silicone based thermal adhesive:crackup: but artic alumina would work much better and before this one i killed 2 diodes :crackup: so at one ur doing better than i did

Good luck and have fun! I know I have :D

thankyou and i will

thats awesome!!! good job on figuring it out!! +1 to you.

@yzer... you don't need a machinist. a dremel will work. there are soooooooooooooo many bits available. obviously a dremel is expensive. but most people have them.

michael.

Last edited:
thats awesome!!! good job on figuring it out!! +1 to you.

@yzer... you don't need a machinist. a dremel will work. there are soooooooooooooo many bits available. obviously a dremel is expensive. but most people have them.

michael.

thanks for the rep....i actually used a dremel for mine (well the cheaper black and decker version) @yzer if you dont have one the B@D RTX is on sale dirt cheap like 20 bucks but i forgot where i saw that:thinking:

Hmmm me like! Was it your birthday recently? I see a nice balloon ready to meet 300mW of coherent photon power :p Nice build! Although I wonder what the laser looks like aside from it's beam?
On a note, Thanks for the rep! Apparently the 20 soda's a day was making me a little CrAzY? :)
EDIT:
Sorry I only saw the beam shots in two of the photos thinking you were just showing off some goggles XD.

Last edited:
congratz on ya build... It's always a big pleasure when you see the light from your build for the first time, right? :D

-that's one big mean scary looking red button you got there :D :wave:

Last edited:
LOL idk how you guys found this its from may heh

but yeah the switch that came with the flashlight was a 3 mode switch so i didnt want to use that....and of course

LOL idk how you guys found this its from may heh

but yeah the switch that came with the flashlight was a 3 mode switch so i didnt want to use that....and of course

oh man, I thought it was a new thread! :D :D :D
that guy before me resurrected it :D damn..... I should check the dates more often :whistle::whistle: