Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MY FIRST BUILD! Pic Heavy! S4X W/ NUBM44.

I don't use photobucket anymore after that stunt, not paying them a dime and leaving all of my photo's on file with them, don't delete your stuff, make them carry the storage!

I don't use photobucket anymore after that stunt, not paying them a dime and leaving all of my photo's on file with them, don't delete your stuff, make them carry the storage!
I'm with you on that !

I downloaded everything that was there a then i deleted my photobucket account ! I hadn't thought of just leaving them all there, I wish i had !

Last edited:
why dont we all just use imgur? you dont have to pay anything, you dont even need an account and they wont delete your stuff

I found this tutorial.... my question is: What's the problem if I use the original diode pill, not the half?

Hi
Yes as Gary stated to clip the wings on the beam for better divergence
The power loss is minimal so if your LPM reading is over 7W it won’t make to much difference
Rich:)

Encap

Please stop double posting back to back--is very frowned upon on LPF and very annoying.

The above 2 posts are just misinformation and imaginings about a G2 and G8 lenses.
You have no G series lenses of any kind on anything or any experience with them so...

LPF is not a social media chit chat forum in case you didn't notice.

Look at the photo of NUMB44V2 with G8 lens--not even close to perfect round dot,
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrslasershop/home/glass-lenses scroll down and have a look.

A G2 lens does not increase diode output and beam power 96% more than a diodes natural factory power.
The output of the diode is the same with or without any lens.

G-series lenses are just glass lenses with very short focal lengths and AR-coatings. There's nothing magical about them. They transmit more power only because the short focal length captures more of the output from the emitters, and that they don't have multiple lenses like a 3 element lens that cause extra per-lens losses. Capturing more of the emitter output means the G-series lenses have uglier beam-spots, as they capture all the beam artifacts present from the emitter as well.

Last edited: